Android (not windows)

This is a discussion on Android (not windows) within the Android 2.2 forums, part of the General Android OS category; Well, since i'm the first poster, i'd like to ask a goofy question ! Has anyone besides me struggled with the concept that this os ...

Thread: Android (not windows)

Android (not windows)

Well, since i'm the first poster, i'd like to ask a goofy question ! Has anyone besides
    me struggled with the concept that this os is a lot different than windows. or at
    least somewhat? I keep worrying about stray files collecting in hidden, out of the
    way places, bogging down my little machine, but from everything i've seen, that's not a
    problem with this os...

r, john

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS psychotic_penguin's Avatar
    Twitter
    @pternahan
    When I first got my D1 I had an antivirus, task killer and all of that unnecessary stuff running on my phone because I've been a Windows user for years. The thought of not having those apps was inconceivable to me, so you're not alone trust me.

Welcome to freedom of choice!

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Don't worry, it's natural. When I got my x with 2.1 I would always try to keep as much free ram as possible. I would kill tasks left, right, and sideways. I had to wean myself off of that. 2.2.1 handles itself nicely

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    There's a big learning curve for people who are only used to one operating system trying to transition to another. Heck, there's often an issue when transitioning between versions of Windows (though Microsoft is entirely responsible for that problem), so making the move from the BLOAT that is any Microsoft offering to something designed to run lean, mean, and clean at all costs can be difficult.

Well worth learning, right? Oh, and you really shouldn't run a task killer, antivirus, etc. :D

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    It's like you've been riding a bicycle since you were 3 and someone introduces you to a motorcycle when you are 35.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Yeah, this os, from what i've been able to learn so far, is so much smarter and i believe the correct word
    would be leaner, than windows. Funny in a way that vzw tries to take advantage and subvert that
    with their bloatware... but we can ignore them and not take much of a hit...

r, john

Im on my second android phone with my HTC inc. My first one I had a task killer and I would manually run it all the time. Now with my new one I dont use anything, just let it fly and see what it does.

I would like to mention to everyone that I like both OS' for different reasons. Windows battery live is far better and is real easy to fix a problem. Android has cheaper and more apps, a better looking GUI, a wicked cool mascot and is stable if you avoid making simple newbie common mistakes. I am not excluded from those mistakes. I had a Samsung Behold2 and went crazy using my app killer... Big mistake, it started killing my apps when I did not want it to, it ate my text messages before I could even open them and jacked my phone up bad. I then started reading and found app killer is ONLY suppose to be used if the force stop function does not work and you cannot get your app to stop or uninstall whatever. I was like oops, since then I have learned oodles of knowledge.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links