iOS vs Android

This is a discussion on iOS vs Android within the Android 2.3 forums, part of the General Android OS category; Having used both systems its dtill hard for me to chose. iOS really keeps it simple and looks great, and has better support. But its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iOS vs Android

iOS vs Android

Having used both systems its dtill hard for me to chose. iOS really keeps it simple and looks great, and has better support. But its to closed, and.you really don't have many options. Flash video, bluetooth, and sound are major issues for me with iPhone.

Android's open platform makes it easy to make the device your own. You costumize nearly everything, which is commonly reported especially if you root your device. The sound is great! I can watch almost any video, and I have a lot of bluetooth features to work with.
    However the app support isn't always that great. Some of the apps are mediocre ports from iOS. Most importantly it takes to long to get firmware updates (like gingerbread) to the vast selection of Android phones.

What are your thoughts on this topic? And when iOS 5 is released, do you think it will be a big threat to Android OS? Please don not be bias, but come with facts.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I found mymindstalk.blog kind of factual and unbiased. Just get an android. I think (don't quote me) android is out-pacing iphone up to 10% now (android 48%, apple 38% of the total market). But somebody with a lot more technical saavy will be along soon. I'm just a noobie, but I do know 2 people that regretted their decision after buying an iphone and then checking out friends' androids. That is really the only fact that I am positive about.

I know what you mean. The problem with Apple is they add features to iOS that are standard to Android. Now that they are losing ground they are starting to get serious.

I wish Android developer would put more effort into their Android apps, they should the same if not better.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    It takes a long time for a firmware upgrade?

As opposed to Apple? You make me laugh. :D

Seriously, though, that's only true if you're not rooted on an unlocked device. If you're rooted and ROMed then you can update the firmware on your phone as often as every day, basically, for some ROMs.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Thats the thing, my phone isn't rooted. Besides the day an iOS update is release its available for everyone on that date. How long was gingerbread out? Months before I was finally able to get it.

Your comparing Apples to Oranges. :D
    iOS is sent right away because they are the only manufacturer. Android has multiple carriers, manufacturers, and models. So, it takes a little longer.

True, but they need to find ways around that problem. There are other phones capable of running gingerbread, still are waiting. Its almost time for a new Android OS to be released. Either google or the manifactures of the different devices need to make some changes.

The iPhone will not stand a chance when Android developers starts polishing thier apps, and become more universal.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Blame the OEMs and above all the CARRIERS for the delays in shipping the OS updates. Google releases the updates for their Android Experience devices very quickly. They also make it easy for people who don't want to wait for the upgrade to hit their devices to install it manually. Other than that, well, look at Motorola and Samsung and Verizon and AT&T...
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I understand what your saying, Apple still has no chance in comparison to Android. Why android has over 36% of the market and still growing. Like fbm said it's Samsung and Motorola's fault.

I agree with my fellow forum members. Also, I don't think the os update issue is as big a deal as most people make it out to be. (at least anymore) Sure, it was a huge issue regarding Froyo, but that's because Froyo included A LOT of major updates & features people wanted. All the updates since have been minor compared to what Froyo came with, and to base ones buying decision on that alone, is baseless imo. Rooting Android phones and the endless possibilities included, will keep me a loyal Android customer for years to come.
    As Slag it mentioned, it really is like comparing apples to oranges. Sure, Apple makes a fine product, I'll be the first to admit that. But if you're looking for a device you can truly customize and make your own, you can't go wrong with our little green friend Android.
    Good luck with your decision!

tap'n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links