How to Be Safe, Find Trusted Apps, & Avoid Viruses - A Guide for Those New to Android

This is a discussion on How to Be Safe, Find Trusted Apps, & Avoid Viruses - A Guide for Those New to Android within the Android Apps forums, part of the Android Applications category; Thanks for sharing this informative post. As a newbie i always love to try apps and install it in my android phone. And hope more ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How to Be Safe, Find Trusted Apps, & Avoid Viruses - A Guide for Those New to Android

Thanks for sharing this informative post. As a newbie i always love to try apps and install it in my android phone. And hope more other newbie members can read about this post.

I think the point about mobile malware is really significant. One of the last reports by McAfee (before his brand became synonymous with murder and running from authorities) showed that mobile malware increased 700 percent in the last one year, mostly targeting Android. So just be aware of this crap and how its spread. And with Android being a huge carrier and distributor of malware, be mindful of how it spreads. Although it's a problem, I do take comfort in the fact that mobile ad networks, which spread a lot of malware, are doing something about it. At least I know that one of ad networks I use - Airpush - is. They teamed with Appthority to pretty much eliminate all malware from the Airpush network. I think more ad networks will follow that lead.
    UltraDroid likes this.

I am newbie. I realize only after reading this post the importance of checking the permissions. I had been too naive and i have downloaded a number of applications without going through the permissions. the only relief is that i have tried reading other reviews, but then that too only the first few ones. Thanks a lot for the information which really helps people.

Thanks for the tips. Sometimes common sense can save you from the hassles of having to repair something that could have been prevented.

Why do anti virus programs need permission to send calls ans texts that might cost u money ive noticed on google play reading the permissions?

thank you so much for sharing~really informative and helpful

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads