[Live Wallpaper] Game of Life Live Wallpaper
Tabus Nine Computing has just released its Game of Life Live Wallpaper, based on Conway's Game of Life.
The wallpaper features a grid of squares, each square being a cell in Conway's Game of Life. The cells fade in and out as they live and die based on the number of neighbors they have.
A unique feature of the wallpaper is its widget. You can use the widget to quickly ad conveniently control the live wallpaper and open the settings menu straight from your home screen.
The Game of Life Live Wallpaper is very customizeable, starting with basic aspects, like the size of the squares and the speed of the simulation. The squares are automatically sized to fit your screen perfectly, so it'll always look great.
The most customizable part of the wallpaper is how the squares are colored. There are five different display modes that color the cells in different ways:
-Solid color: the cells are always one color that you choose
-By Cell Age: the cells are colored one of several colors in a palette depending on how many generations they've lived for
-By Time of Day: the cells fade between colors in a palette that are associated with certain times as the day progresses
-By Battery Power: the cells go from green to yellow to red as your battery's power decreases
-By Touch: the cells change color depending on where you touch the screen
As for the palettes mentioned in the By Cell Age and By Time of Day, they're simply groups of colors. In the palettes used by the Time of Day display mode, each color is associated with a time of the day. In the By Cell Age mode, new cells are the first color in the palette, and they change sequentially to each color in the palette as they age.
What makes this wallpaper so customizeable is that you can create, edit, save, name, and delete palettes of any number of colors, right within the settings menu. With this, you can truly give the wallpaper your own look. The more colorful screenshots above are using the By Cell Age display mode.
There is a free Lite version that we encourage you guys to check out, you can find it here. Some features are locked, so you should buy the full version here if you want to experience everything the live wallpaper has to offer.
Leave a comment here to let us know what you think! More details can be found in the description on the app's page in the Android Market.
01-06-2012 02:08 AM
An Android development Contest as well @ VIDYUT 2012
Hey, Your work looks amazing. Why not try taking part in our event..Will be a great thing for us. You could submit your work online.
The details are given below just have a look.
As a part of Vidyut 2012 @ Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham , Amritapuri, Kerala, India
we are organizing an android application development competition as well.
I'm sure this group dosen't want to miss it..!!
- Team size - max 3
- The application submitted by the participants should lie in any of the following three categories-
- Multimedia & games – These applications involve apps related to
- Audio and Video- Media/Video players, radio, music player, remote controls.
- Photography- Cameras, Photo management and editing tools.
- Social Networking Related Applications – Any application that helps users to manage their social network. This can include applications in many areas such as tweeting, face book , chatting etc.
- Navigation based apps.
- The applications submitted must run on Android version 2.2.
- The application types mentioned above just examples of the most commonly used applications in those categories. The participants can create any application related to any of the categories mentioned above.
- All applications made should be native android apps.
- General Rules
- Every team has to register online on our website for the competition. A registration number will be allocated to the team after they have registered this will be used for future references.
- The decision of judges shall be treated as final and binding on all.
- Note that at any point of time the latest information will be that which is on the website. The information provided in this pdf may not be the latest. However, registered participants will be informed through mail about any changes on the website.
- The shortlisted applications will be put in the android market in the account of Vidyut. This account will be publicly made available on the market till the end of the tech fest.
The shortlisted application will be made available in the market as a free or trail version according to the decision of the contestant. After the event is over , the applications will be removed from the market.
- Important dates
- Last date for subission of application and related abstract - 20th January 2012
- Announcement of shortlisted applications - 22th January 2012
- All the shortlisted applications are launched on the android market. All the applications are kept free for atleast a month. Applications are put on the market from the time they are sumbitted to the start of the fest.
- Presentation of application:- 2nd, February,2012
A lot of prizes await you..
For more details visit VIDYUT '12 - NATIONAL LEVEL multiFest