Non Market Apps

This is a discussion on Non Market Apps within the Android Apps forums, part of the Android Applications category; Please list all non market apps that you have found here. (For instructions on how to install to your phone see my post here: http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/...rketplace.html ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non Market Apps

Non Market Apps

Please list all non market apps that you have found here. (For instructions on how to install to your phone see my post here: http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/...rketplace.html)

List the name, description, and were the app can be downloaded from. ( I will then consolidate your posting to this one to keep a master list for everyone)

Here is a site that has some GREAT non-market apps http://anda.pk/

List of Non Market Apps:

SAM - A marketplace created by user's that host programs that are not found in the google marketplace - This can be found at http://www.slideme.org along with other non marketplace apps to download from that website.
    Works on Backflip

Quake 2 - Popular first person shooter by ID software ported to android - http://sites.google.com/site/quake2android/ Will load on backflip but crashes at menu, if anyone knows workaround please post

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Cnet has a large number of Android apps. Search route Cnet.com > Mobil > Android
    Direct link:
    Downloads for Mobile - Free Mobile software downloads and Mobile software reviews - CNET Download.com

Possible stupid question, but after downloading through SAM I try to install it and it just says "Install failed or already installed." What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Possible stupid question, but after downloading through SAM I try to install it and it just says "Install failed or already installed." What am I doing wrong?
    There is a special work-around procedure required for installing non Market apps.

Search for it here on the forum. You should be able to find it pretty easily.

It takes a few steps to do and it's kind of a pain in the butt. So it's one of the reasons why everyone's anxious for the phone to be rooted so non Market apps can be installed more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    There is a special work-around procedure required for installing non Market apps.

Search for it here on the forum. You should be able to find it pretty easily.

It takes a few steps to do and it's kind of a pain in the butt. So it's one of the reasons why everyone's anxious for the phone to be rooted so non Market apps can be installed more easily.
    Are you referring to the command prompt method? Do I need to do that with apps downloaded through SAM too? I tried searching but didn't find anything else.

Are you referring to the command prompt method? Do I need to do that with apps downloaded through SAM too? I tried searching but didn't find anything else.
    Yes, that's it. The one where you need to download and use the SDK on your PC, and have the phone connected to the PC, etc., etc.

The apps at SAM are non Market apps.

Sorry, I should have been clearer when I posted that. I was in a hurry and didn't do a good job explaining it.

Thanks! So using the app is actually more work than just downloading it onto the computer.

Thanks! So using the app is actually more work than just downloading it onto the computer.
    Yep. Downloading it is just the first step.

After that, you still have to install it.

Android phones have unix style operating systems. All of the applications' files have to be configured correctly and in the right place with the right permission settings, etc.

This isn't your grandfathers' DOS, you know.

If i tired to install the apps form the sd card but I can't install.
    It says the app comes from an unknown source and for your security only apps from trusted sources can be install.

You need to see this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads