Paging on Smartphone with Tigerpage?

This is a discussion on Paging on Smartphone with Tigerpage? within the Android Apps forums, part of the Android Applications category; At the small hospital I work at, we have a ‘bring your own device’ policy and have to use the TigerText app on our personal ...

Thread: Paging on Smartphone with Tigerpage?

Paging on Smartphone with Tigerpage?

At the small hospital I work at, we have a ‘bring your own device’ policy and have to use the TigerText app on our personal cellphones if we use them at work. This is because tigertext is HIPAA a compliant text messaging app with auto message delete which means the text messages don’t remain on the phone so if it is lose or stolen, the information isn’t on the phone.

So, I got a text from them saying that they now have a pager feature (called tigerpage ), they give you a phone number that is a pager number and if you give the number to someone, when they call it, the page goes to your phone through tigertext and it beeps and you get the message and call back #

I told it to a couple of friends, and we got it on their phones and we got numbers and are now paging each other all the time.

Now, its like why didn’t we do this earlier. Why did pagers go out of style?

Its like a page is something I respond to better then an email or text, but I can still put it off unlike someone calling me then leaving a voice mail I wont listen to.

Am I the only one who thinks pagers on a smartphone might be cool?

Last edited by cali; 01-23-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Removed Link

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I've wondered what I ever did with my pagers. I kept getting a bill for one service, long after I cancelled it. I just ignored the bills after sending them several letters and calling several times. Eventually the bills stopped coming and who knows where the pagers went?

Re: paging on smartphone with Tigerpage?

There are a number of pager apps available on the Play Store.
    I dated an RN a few years ago and her and her co-workers all used their cell phones to text/reach other instead of paging. It was more convenient because you can enter/send more characters via a text message, than you can by sending a page.
    I don't know about the HIPAA laws, so maybe something had changed since then. I do know they all had pin locks on their phones for protection in case it was lost or stolen.

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 01-23-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Ads