Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Headphones suddenly stopped working

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Headphones suddenly stopped working within the Android Audio forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all, I recently developed an issue with my head phones on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. O/S: Android 4.4.2 About 10 days ago I ...

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Headphones suddenly stopped working

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Headphones suddenly stopped working

Hi all,

I recently developed an issue with my head phones on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
    O/S: Android 4.4.2

About 10 days ago I mounted an SD Card (Samsung Micro SD) and when I tried to use the head phones about 48 hrs later, they are not recognised by the device as being plugged in. Sound still emerges from speakers, which are in perfect working order.

I have tried the following

1. A different set of head phones still no connection or sound.
    2. I confirmed that all three sets of headphones i tried work in other devices (they do!)
    I tried a simple restart and a simple powering down and leaving the device a few minutes (days in fact)
    3. I have tried all check box issues such as Accessibility mute etc and nothing like that has happened. The head phones are not recognised at all. Speakers work correctly.
    4. I have tried the following reset:

A. Turn device off
    B. Make sure your headphones are plugged ALL the way in (you should hear a click sound)
    C. Press the on/off button and the volume up button at the SAME TIME
    D. Once the screen is on let the on/off button go
    E. DO NOT let the volume up button go
    F. Wait until the tablet has finished loading all settings up.
    G. Let volume up button go.

This did not work out. Head phones still not being recognised. I have tried all the obvious things i could think of, ensured no loose connections, cleaned the jacks, ensured no dust/fluff or other materials in the jack dock.

I mentioned the mounting of an SD card above as it is the only change i have made to the device recently, and while I only noticed the issue 2 days after I installed it, that was because I had not tried to use the head phones immediately after mounting the SD Card.

I have no reason to believe the Tablet has been physically damaged in the past 2 weeks as I take care of it and it has otherwise been perfect since I got it.

Am i missing any obvious fixes?
    Can anyone help me out?!

Thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not really sure but its worth a try: Take some headphones and plug in/out the headphone jack 3-4 times and see if it starts working again...

Happened to one of my devices and it started working again.

Thank you Mr Media, i had tried that approach before and retried it there to no avail. This is really frustrating as I am travelling this weekend on a train and had intended to watch a few programmes to pass the time but cannot do so without the head phones working, for obvious reasons.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links