Multiple ringtones for multiple contacts

This is a discussion on Multiple ringtones for multiple contacts within the Android Audio forums, part of the Android Discussions category; On my other phone I had multiple ringtones for vaious groups of contacts. For example, a vintage telephone for my grandparents, "Working 9 to 5" ...

Thread: Multiple ringtones for multiple contacts

On my other phone I had multiple ringtones for vaious groups of contacts. For example, a vintage telephone for my grandparents, "Working 9 to 5" for my co-workers, "Who Can It Be Now?" for those NOT in my contact list, Bob Marley for friends. Can the Ally do this? How?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, it can. From the music file you can set "Use as Ringtone" by either long-touching the track or opening the menu when said track is playing. Then for each contact open the contact info by touching the name of the contact. Open the menu and touch "options," then assign a ringtone.

I have not tried to assign ringtones to groups but I imagine it can be done. Additionally, some have declared the "Handcent SMS" App for contact management is excellent. It will even assign different ringtones to texts from the same contact with a custom ringtone. Personally, I found the options too great for what I needed at this time but I will one day go back and mess with it again.

I hope this helps.

Q

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links