Please Post your Favorite Ringtones/Notifications!

This is a discussion on Please Post your Favorite Ringtones/Notifications! within the Android Audio forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all, I'm compiling a set of ringtones and notifications for use in Android devices. I have already compiled 89 different audio files from iPhone ...

Thread: Please Post your Favorite Ringtones/Notifications!

Please Post your Favorite Ringtones/Notifications!

Hi all, I'm compiling a set of ringtones and notifications for use in Android devices. I have already compiled 89 different audio files from iPhone and BlackBerry devices. You can download the unfinished .rar below.

I would like to know- what is/are your favorite ringtone and notification sound(s) that do not come bundled with Android, Blackberry OS, or iOS? If possible, please include a link or way to access the sound file.

Thanks for anything you can find and post. As soon as a fair amount of sounds are posted I will create a new post with the full compilation. Your username will be included in the credits.

Here's the compilation so far. (It's on MediaFire because the file exceeds the forum max file size)
    To use on your Android device, simply connect the device to your computer, open up the .rar with the archiving tool of your choice, and drag the "media" folder anywhere onto your device. Disconnect your device, go to Settings->Sound and select the ringtone/notification of your choice.

P.S- Yes I know I'm a 1-post newb to this forums. I've been moderately active in one of android.net's daugther forums, atrixforums.com. You can read my introduction and other posts/threads there if you're the suspicious type of person.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

... thanks for all the support everyone.

Seriously, is it that hard to say "my favorite ringtone is xyz. you can get it at zedge" or "here's a download of my favorite ringtone"? I'm trying to do this to benefit us all. I've currently got 8.49 mb of ringtones, but the folders for custom sounds (i.e. sounds not included in an OS) are looking pretty empty .

It doesn't even have to be a ringtone, you could just post your favorite song! (So long as it is appropriate...)

Anways... please post. Seriously, I've gotten more suggestions back at the small daughter forum than I have had here! Is the only thing people do here look at threads?

Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
    ... thanks for all the support everyone.

Seriously, is it that hard to say "my favorite ringtone is xyz. you can get it at zedge" or "here's a download of my favorite ringtone"? I'm trying to do this to benefit us all. I've currently got 8.49 mb of ringtones, but the folders for custom sounds (i.e. sounds not included in an OS) are looking pretty empty .

It doesn't even have to be a ringtone, you could just post your favorite song! (So long as it is appropriate...)

Anways... please post. Seriously, I've gotten more suggestions back at the small daughter forum than I have had here! Is the only thing people do here look at threads?

Hey I know the feeling lol. That's the way it goes oftentimes, nary a single nibble or bite to something you think many would enjoy discussing.

I downloaded your files and will check them out but I wanted to say thanks in advance because I do find this interesting.

I used to have some sound files for notifcation purposes etc. for earlier Windows OSs but upgrade after upgrade kinda made me care less about getting them to play. However, I will make an effort to find some and post here if possible. They may be of the "sexy female voice" variety and perhaps not PC for here though...

Edit: I should make note that I don't have any Android-type phone, I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1, so maybe those files won't be ones I can utilize. Dunno.
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 12-07-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: GT can't call home

OP- to you for posting this - thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links