Podcast Reading Stops Every 5 Minutes, Phone Reboots

This is a discussion on Podcast Reading Stops Every 5 Minutes, Phone Reboots within the Android Audio forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello all I'm getting very angry with my new Galaxy SIII (one week old). I'm very fond of podcasts, I have plenty of them that ...

Thread: Podcast Reading Stops Every 5 Minutes, Phone Reboots

Podcast Reading Stops Every 5 Minutes, Phone Reboots

Hello all

I'm getting very angry with my new Galaxy SIII (one week old). I'm very fond of podcasts, I have plenty of them that I listen to while driving.
    But strangely enough, WHATEVER the podcast player I use (BeyondPod, MixZing, or when opening them directly from the 'file browser' found in 'applications'), every roughly 5 minutes, the podcast reading stops, the phone stops, I have a black, completely unresponsive, screen for a few seconds, then the phone seems to reboot (even though it does not show the Samsung logo, so I'd say this is not really a reboot), and I have to start the podcast all over again.

Even strangier : it seems to happen only during my way BACK from work, but not on my way TO work... go figure?????

The podcasts are located on the external sd card, class 10 card, which roughly 80% full. Not sure if this may be relevant or not.

Does anybody have an idea? WHere could I look for traces, logs, etc?
    The only logs I found are the BeyondPod ones, and I see a lot of 'All network connections are lost'... could this be the cause of the problem?

Note : I have not been able to reproduce the problem at home...

Thanks all.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I listen to 4 hours of podcasts a day. I use pocket casts, works great.
    Do you delete your old podcasts? Also have you gone into your podcast app and cleared your cache and data? That usually clears things up. Heave you downloaded any new apps lately? A rouge app could be causing this if it just started happening. It also could be a spotty connection since it only happens on your way home from work.
    I download mine then listen to them,then delete them.

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 08-03-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Hello, thanks for your reply.
    It seems that pocket casts is not free. And my problem occured with MixZing, with BeyondPod, with ASC (I like to listen to podcast at a bit quicker speed). This morning, 35 minutes of pdocast listening with ASC, no problem... this is REALLY bizarre...

If I understand correctly, Android is a Linux. Are there ways to open a shell session and run commands like 'ps'? Does it run the standard linux log daemons like syslogd ? Could I check what happened? What on earth would cause the phone to actually crash!

Thanks
    PS : on a slightly different matter : I have to admit I'm not willing to buy apps (this is a different subject, but, really, when you buy a phone like the SIII which is as expensive as the iPhone, you would expect it would perform at least as well as the iPhone... so I'm really really reluctant to purchase apps so that my SIII catches up with APple on some basic things like song reading, podcast management, and - maybe the worst of all - management of the earphone... but this is a different subject, I'm just really frustrated to have put so much money in something which, in my opinion, is not worth it)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links