Arrange Music by FOLDER?

This is a discussion on Arrange Music by FOLDER? within the Android Audio forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all, Is it possible to arrange your music by folder name on Ice Cream Sandwich? I've put all my music in the appropriate folders ...

Thread: Arrange Music by FOLDER?

Arrange Music by FOLDER?

Hi all,

Is it possible to arrange your music by folder name on Ice Cream Sandwich? I've put all my music in the appropriate folders (on Windows) and transferred it to my HTC One X, but then the phone decides to arrange it the way it wants and my folders disappear. My albums become split up and I then have to add everything to a playlist, which is inconvenient to be honest with you because I've got a lot of music I want to put on my phone and the battery would die several times over before I was done.

Why can't the phone just show the folders I've created on my computer? Is this possible?

Thanks.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 08-22-2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Removed profanity

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by George88 View Post
    Hi all,

Is it possible to arrange your music by folder name on Ice Cream Sandwich? I've put all my music in the appropriate folders (on Windows) and transferred it to my HTC One X, but then the phone decides to arrange it the way it wants and my folders disappear. My albums become split up and I then have to add everything to a playlist, which is inconvenient to be honest with you because I've got a lot of music I want to put on my phone and the battery would die several times over before I was done.

Why can't the phone just show the folders I've created on my computer? Is this possible?

Thanks.

If you go to the file manager in the device, you would find all the songs stored in folders as you saved them. But when you are trying to play the songs via the music player it will be categorized into albums, genre etc. This is the case with all the mobiles as far as i know. If you want to play songs from the folders via music player then i would suggest you to use some android apps like "Folder Player". It might be helpful to you.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 08-22-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Please watch your language on this family friendly forum. F-Bombs, no matter how cleverly you try to disguise them with *** are transparently obvious and are totally unacceptable. Find another way to express yourself in posts.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links