Browse Music That Has Multiple/Featuring Artists

This is a discussion on Browse Music That Has Multiple/Featuring Artists within the Android Audio forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi there, This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find any answer after googling about it. So, I hope you won't mind replying ...

Thread: Browse Music That Has Multiple/Featuring Artists

Lightbulb Browse Music That Has Multiple/Featuring Artists

Hi there,

This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find any answer after googling about it. So, I hope you won't mind replying or pointing to somewhere if this question has been answered.

How do I browse music by artists that has multiple/featuring artists?

I'm running JellyBean on my Nexus S phone and using the Google Play Music (default music player, v4.3.605). Recently I've started to organize my music files.

So, I'm using the mp3tag software to update meta data of the music files by entering artists' name in both "Album Artist" and "Artist" field. For multiple/featuring artists, I'm entering info on "Artist" field like this (artist1\\artist2). This works fine. I can browse the music file on Windows Media Player on my computer by either artist1 or artist2 and it'll pick up the same song (I need to search in "Contributing Artist" category in Windows Media Player.

But, on my phone, Google Play Music app doesn't pick up artist2. It only shows music by artist1. Looks like it's only picking up "Album Artist" field or not able to parse multiple artists from "Artist" field. Am I entering the mp3 tags incorrectly or is the android music player not able to browse artists field from mp3 file properly.

I hope I've explained it clearly. If you have any questions, let me know.

P.S. I'd prefer not to download any third party app, if the default music player can already do what I'm trying.

Thanks,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When it comes to music I have joined this forum for getting access to my favorite songs, games and other stuffs through its innovative applications. Its Android features help me to have complete enjoyment about many things.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links