Bizzare problem

This is a discussion on Bizzare problem within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I have an HTC One S, which started downloading and installing random apps from the Play Store last night. I downloaded Avast, hoping it might ...

Thread: Bizzare problem

Bizzare problem

I have an HTC One S, which started downloading and installing random apps from the Play Store last night. I downloaded Avast, hoping it might clear what I can only assume is a virus (I've not downloaded any apps or done anything other than browse facebook or the Guardian for a while, so no idea where I'd have picked one up). I've run the android update, which became available a couple days ago, as it seemed to have stopped, but now today it is back to downloading random crap from the Play Store.

The only way I seem to be able to stop it doing this is to turn off wifi and mobile data. I've set the Play Store to only download over wifi, but it still downloads over mobile data if the wifi is off.

Help! I'd like to be able to use the internet on my phone, but at this rate I'd have to give up using it that way, as it would run through my data in a morning, I'd think! Plus I'm getting rather sick of having to uninstall loads of gambling, game, notebook and other random stuff I don't want.

Thanks for any advice.

Elle

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try selecting "Do not auto-update app"

And welcome to Android.net

Tapped from a Nexus

Welcome to the forum Elle!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I've always had it set to not auto update. These are not updates - the phone is downloading apps I've never had, with no action or permission from me...

Does anyone else have access to your google account? I've gone to the Google play store on my computer and had apps downloaded and installed on my wife's Galaxy Nexus. She was as surprised as you are now. I sort of forgot to tell her it was going to happen.

Also, try going into Settings/Applications Manager/All/Play Store and clear it's data. I don't really think this we solve the issue, but it's at least worth trying.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Welcome to the forum.. First thing I would do is change your Google password... Then I would do the two step verification set up on the Google account...

Noted📝2x..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

<Guidelines of Conduct>

Android Jr Member herecomesmaggi's Avatar
    1). Looks like someone has access to ur account from pc and he is making that happen. I once pranked my girlfriend like that when she logged into her accnt from my lappy.
    2. Sometimes app with ads and sponsors can make that happen. Once i clicked in game links to several apps to earn free coins in a game and the link didn't worked but next morning there were 8 crap apps were auto installed on mine handset. Neither i got the coins in game. Deleted that app immediately.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links