How To Send a Text Message FROM My SD Card?

This is a discussion on How To Send a Text Message FROM My SD Card? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all Just joined this site and a very new Galaxy Ace user. My problem is, I just don't seem to be able to add ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: How To Send a Text Message FROM My SD Card?

How To Send a Text Message FROM My SD Card?

Hi all

Just joined this site and a very new Galaxy Ace user.

My problem is, I just don't seem to be able to add a text file from my PC into an SMS. I've tried looking on Google, but all I seem to get, is they other way round, i.e. from phone to SD and into PC.

I can send images etc., but there just doesn't seem to be anywhere to select a text file. I know the text file seems to be in My File, but how do I get the file into my message to be sent?

Is there an app? Should I use Bluetooth? Or is there some other way?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome! Is there a way you can email it as an attachment? I'm not sure about sending files like that across mms works.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Welcome! Is there a way you can email it as an attachment? I'm not sure about sending files like that across mms works.

Thanks for replying.

Well, that's what I was going to do, but there doesn't seem to be an option for sending a text file - just about everything else.

Trouble is, I mainly use the phone for emergencies and if I have to send medical details, I need to store them on the phone so that I, or anyone else, can send them off to medical emergency. Sounds a bit dramatic, but that's all my son bought the phone for me. Oh, and a way of contacting the outside world if I end up in hospital yet again

Hope that's clear?

How long is the text file? Is it more then one screen worth? I still think sending it via email will be your best bet.

But if it can all be viewed on the screen at once you can take a screen shot of it and then send the picture....

Something else to try is locate the text file with your file browser on the device press and hold on it and see if you get the option to share via.. Then select messaging.

How long is the text file? Is it more then one screen worth? I still think sending it via email will be your best bet.

But if it can all be viewed on the screen at once you can take a screen shot of it and then send the picture....

Something else to try is locate the text file with your file browser on the device press and hold on it and see if you get the option to share via.. Then select messaging.

MMM Don't think it's more than one screen. Just contact info and medical details. Was thinking of setting up an email account and see if I can send it that way. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just how do I do this: locate the text file with your file browser on the device. Atest file is in MY Files folder, but can't access it.

All this is so much to learn for an ol fella and I am trying to fathom out Windows 8 too!
    Last edited by Stokkers; 07-15-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added content

My files is you file browser. So if you long press it there does it give the option to share? If it's not much info you could always type it into a text then lock it so it can't be deleted.... Or use a note app on the phone to re type it then you can send that. Since the phone e doesn't recognize. Txt files you may not be able to do anything other than email it.

My files is you file browser. So if you long press it there does it give the option to share? If it's not much info you could always type it into a text then lock it so it can't be deleted.... Or use a note app on the phone to re type it then you can send that. Since the phone e doesn't recognize. Txt files you may not be able to do anything other than email it.

Thanks Miller,

I've just had a text from a friend and there is no way she could have typed it all in - there's no spelling mistakes for a start! The message is in the form of a joke and I would guess it has been sent to her and then forwarded it on to me. The text also had a yellow background, if that is of any use.

Ken

Well, that's what I was going to do, but there doesn't seem to be an option for sending a text file - just about everything else.

Michael

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokkers View Post
    Hi all

Just joined this site and a very new Galaxy Ace user.

My problem is, I just don't seem to be able to add a text file from my PC into an SMS. I've tried looking on Google, but all I seem to get, is they other way round, i.e. from phone to SD and into PC.

I can send images etc., but there just doesn't seem to be anywhere to select a text file. I know the text file seems to be in My File, but how do I get the file into my message to be sent?

Is there an app? Should I use Bluetooth? Or is there some other way?

Thanks.
    You can't send files like .txt through messages. But do you have to send it as a file? Can you just copy the text into a regular message?

To do this, open the text file, hold on the text, a menu should pop up with options like Copy, Cut, Paste etc. Press "Sellect all" then "Copy". Go to the messages, then hold on the text field and an option "Paste" should appear, press it and your text should be copied into a message.

If you do want to send it as a file rather than just copied text (in case the receiver has an old phone and is incapable of copying text from a message), the best option would be sending the file through email.

Edit: You mentioned Bluetooth. If the receiver is close to you, then yes, you can send it through Bluetooth. Just go to the file manager ("My Files" ), find the text file, hold on it, a menu should appear, click "share via", then choose Bluetooth. It'll ask you to turn on Bluetooth - do so, then choose the recipient to send the file.
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 07-20-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links