Android 4.2.1 Generating Bluetooth Passkeys

This is a discussion on Android 4.2.1 Generating Bluetooth Passkeys within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I have a Bluetooth device I want to pair to, and it has no screen etc so no ability to input any passkey. My phone ...

Thread: Android 4.2.1 Generating Bluetooth Passkeys

Android 4.2.1 Generating Bluetooth Passkeys

I have a Bluetooth device I want to pair to, and it has no screen etc so no ability to input any passkey. My phone finds it okay, but when pairing, it seems to generate some random 6 digit key that it wants me to enter in the other device. Which it is not possible to do.

What I really need is for the phone, running Android 4.2.1, to NOT generate a 6 digit code, and just try the standard 0000 or 1234 bluetooth codes, but there is no way I have been able to find how to do this. This is effectively locking me out of my device, which for the record is a Spot Connect satellite GPS messenger gadget for tracking me when I'm out on my motorcycle.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi, and welcome to the forum. We're going to need more information on your phone in order to help you.

What is the name of your phone and it's exact model number. Who is your carrier - T-Mobile, AT&T, etc?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Spot Connect and Bluetooth pairing failure

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. We're going to need more information on your phone in order to help you.

What is the name of your phone and it's exact model number. Who is your carrier - T-Mobile, AT&T, etc?
    The phone is a Chinese clone of the Samsung S4, called a THL W8+, running Android 4.2.1

The carrier in Australia is Telstra, but in this case it isn't a carrier issue, rather one of the default Bluetooth application not providing enough configurability during the pairing process. There is a lot of noise on the net about this topic, so I know I'm not alone on this one. Understanding the process is part of the problem.

My thinking is that the device I'm connecting, a Spot Connect satellite messenger, goes into pairing mode, and offers a PIN of 0000 or similar. The phone's Bluetooth application listens for a pairing device, and when it finds it, then ideally say "Okay, I'll accept 0000". But its not. It looks like the Android is suggesting a 6 digit PIN that should be entered into the device to be paired, but as it has no interface apart from a few LEDs, that can't be done. Any suggestions gratefully received.

You can see what the Spot Connect looks like here.

thanks
    John

OK, I see what you're saying. I am not, however, a technician (I'm a moderator) so I can't give you a solution. If you can hang on for awhile, we'll see what some of the other members and staff have to offer in the way of advice.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links