Another What Phone Should I Buy Thread
This is a discussion on Another What Phone Should I Buy Thread within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all, long time lurker here. Great forum, picked up loads of good advice from other posts over time, but I need some specifics answered ...
Post By mrcooper
Another What Phone Should I Buy Thread
Hi all, long time lurker here. Great forum, picked up loads of good advice from other posts over time, but I need some specifics answered so here goes......
1st if your reading this – thanks for taking the time to look. Now onto my dilemma. (Let me know if you have any views / good ideas please)
The boss (Wife) has told me I can have a new phone for Xmas… Wooopeeee.
Keep in mind the following. Current phone is an Xperia Arc (no s)
So we’re talking 1 core, 1Ghz processor, 320mb storage 512 ram.
Pretty rubbish by today’s standards.
I’ve 99% decided to plum for one of the emerging Chinese models as from what I've read they're not totally the pile of plastic rubbish they once were. Value for money is key. (Her indoors + 2 kids aren’t cheap !!!! )
• Jelly bean or above
• Decent speed (Processor & Ram)
• Sensible storage 16g+ (ability to increase via SD preferred)
• Large screen 5.7” – 6.0” (Not really after anything outside this range)
• Good camera 12mp+ (I know mp isn't the total factor and aperture / lens quality play a significant part)
• Price <£200
• Good GPS, I often use Sat Nav apps
• I’m not an intensive gamer, so GPU not massively important, but would appreciate help if you have any good views on this
My current thoughts
• Quad / Octa core @ 1.5ghz or above
• 2G ram. In my experience ram is one of the key factors to a true smooth multitasking device.
• Screen, not entirely sure, obviously capacitive or better, but doubt I’ll get better quality in my price range. Resolution, I’m thinking 1920x1080, but what’s the real benefit over 1280x720? This is often a difference in the phones I’m looking at.
• WIFI. I had originally discounted phones that don’t have “N” band, as I have 78meg fibre at home. (Just lucky I live near my local cab). This took a fair few phones “Out of scope” but on reflection do I really need that? G band will do real world speeds circa 20-25meg and that’s plenty fast enough for phone browsing, isn’t it? (I don’t do much heavy downloading on my phone)
I’ve looked at loads of phone, all seem to be very similar and I have put 2 on my wish list for now which seem to be the pick of the bunch I've seen. Would be great to get some feedback on my views above and the shortlist below. What would you recommend?
Why… Ermmmm its an Octa core, nuff said!
Honestly... Ticks all my boxes except screen. It’s 1280x722
Quad core Vs the JIAK octa but does have 1920x1080. Only has b/g band wireless, but again refer to my thoughts on wifi above
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
Get a Galaxy Note 3. Best phone out there.
GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom
That doesn't match the criteria, I've listed
If you can get used to the size, I would definitely get the Note 3! It's the best phone on the planet, hands done.
Old thread, wonder what device he went with. :confused:
Try Samsung Galaxy E7, it fits almost every requirements of yours.
By vanillasky65 in forum Introductions & Site Assistance
Last Post: 07-25-2013, 06:04 AM
By kshfamily in forum Introductions & Site Assistance
Last Post: 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
By Dorian in forum Android Forum
Last Post: 06-21-2011, 10:38 PM
By probbiethe1 in forum LG Ally
Last Post: 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM
By ayocuz in forum Nexus One Introductions
Last Post: 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Search tags for this page
should i get a jiake phone
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.