Hi fellow droids!

My name is Charin from Hippo Devices. I have a project that might be of interest if you are a fan of Android and Internet of things. We are basically bringing Android to the physical world. Think Android for things!

We have developed Hippo-ADK, an Android-powered platform that let you create your dream gadgets and robots using graphical programming, and your old smartphones/ tablets. This will substantially lower the skill level and financial investments required to make a DIY, educational or startup project. If you are familiar with App Inventor, you can now use it to program hardwares!

Here are some cool things you can do with Hippo-ADK:
Name:  sample.png
Views: 337
Size:  1.32 MBName:  codes.png
Views: 426
Size:  475.4 KB

Let me know what you think, and check out our Kickstarter page for more details:

Here are some highlights about Hippo-ADK:

1. Tap into Android Phones and Tablets
    An average Android phone packs almost $300 worth of sensors, camera, touchscreen and modules. Hippo-ADK allows you to tap into these resources without having to spend a dollar on optional parts.
  2. Easy Programming with App Inventor
    You can use graphical programming platform App Inventor to program your hardware. There is no need to learn complicated hardware programming languages.
  3. Extremely Versatile
    Hippo-ADK is open source and compatible with Arduino. We have made some applications using LEGO NXT but it is virtually compatible with any building parts such as MakeBlock.

In our latest update, we have created a retro-style, smash-a-mole game using a smartphone, physical buttons, and graphical programming on App Inventor. You can take a look here:

Thank you for your time,
Charin Polpanumas
Hippo Devices