Any suggestions for a privacy guard?

This is a discussion on Any suggestions for a privacy guard? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Im looking for suggestions for a privacy app that will hide my sms and call logs. Id like to keep my personal stuff private and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amanda1210

Thread: Any suggestions for a privacy guard?

Any suggestions for a privacy guard?

Im looking for suggestions for a privacy app that will hide my sms and call logs. Id like to keep my personal stuff private and I never liked the idea of people going through my messages when Im not looking. It should be simple to use, btw.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum!
    I don't know about your call log, you would have to search the Play Store for a replacement "dialer" app. As for SMS options, most third party apps like GoSMS, Chomp, Textra, etc offer the ability to hide text messages. The easiest option would be to simply set up your lock screen to require a pattern or pin lock, that way nobody would have the ability to get into your device to begin with. Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

I'm done with lock screens! I used to have one with my old phone and I don't know what happened to me, I forgot the pattern to unlock. So the technician had to "hard reset" my phone and all the files - pictures, music, apps were all deleted. That's why I'm looking for an app to hide my personal stuff. I've been searching on the internet, but I prefer to ask people directly. I don't trust the reviews they put on their sites.
    CR6 likes this.

Well, the only problem with that line of thinking is, if you're using a different app to lock your text messages, call history, pictures etc, then that's three separate apps you have to download and three separate pin codes or pattern locks you'll have to remember. Unless you use the same pin or pattern for each app. Of course that is going to make things just as difficult if you forget the pin/pattern again as you'll now have three apps to worry about and you'll still have to do a factory reset to fix the problem.
    IMO, one lockscreen is much easier to deal with than 3 separate apps to constantly unlock throughout the day.

You didn't mention what device you have. On most smartphones today running the latest KitKat or JellyBean, if you use a pattern to unlock, it now requires you to set up a pin code in case you forget your pattern. This makes it practically impossible to mess up these days. Unless of course you forget BOTH.... in which case you've got more important things to be worried about. Hahaha!

Another tip is....If you do decide to go with a lock screen instead, you can always write down your pin on a small piece of paper, lift off the back cover of your phone and either tape it under the bottom of your battery, or on the back cover. Replace the battery and back cover and viola! you'll always have it.....Just in case! I kid of course.
    Sorry, I can't suggest an actual file lock app since I've never used one, but hang in there and hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you.
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links