Converting Android Phone

This is a discussion on Converting Android Phone within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello, I've recently changed from iPhone to my first Samsung phone which I bought off the internet. All was well in getting it up and ...

Thread: Converting Android Phone

Converting Android Phone

Hello, I've recently changed from iPhone to my first Samsung phone which I bought off the internet.

All was well in getting it up and running, until I tried setting up Samsung Pay. This was when I noticed for the first time the phone is set up for the United Arab Emirates, not the UK. (It also says UAE in the 'About phone' section of the settings.

As I'm new to Androids, I'm hoping someone can help me convert it to the UK so I can add my cards to Samsung Pay. At the moment it asks if I'd like to register Samsung Pay to the United Arab Emirates so I just cancel out of the App.

I'm guessing I have to reflash the phone with stock Uk firmware? Is this done by using Smart Switch on my Pc? Or am I stuck with the phone as it is?

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Hello, I've recently changed from iPhone to my first Samsung phone which I bought off the internet.

All was well in getting it up and running, until I tried setting up Samsung Pay. This was when I noticed for the first time the phone is set up for the United Arab Emirates, not the UK. (It also says UAE in the 'About phone' section of the settings.

As I'm new to Androids, I'm hoping someone can help me convert it to the UK so I can add my cards to Samsung Pay. At the moment it asks if I'd like to register Samsung Pay to the United Arab Emirates so I just cancel out of the App.

I'm guessing I have to reflash the phone with stock Uk firmware? Is this done by using Smart Switch on my Pc? Or am I stuck with the phone as it is?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Welcome to the forum. Your best bet would to go to the site on XDA and they have more information on flashing the correct software to your phone. Tell me what phone you have and I'll try and find a link to the correct forum for you.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Hello, my phone is a Galaxy S10.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Hello, my phone is a Galaxy S10.

Thanks
    Should be under Guides, News and Discussions.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

I'll try there. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links