To Root Or Not to Root?

This is a discussion on To Root Or Not to Root? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I'm sure there are plenty of bug free ROMs and such but I'm just not interested. My hat is off to those that do but ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: To Root Or Not to Root?

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    I'm sure there are plenty of bug free ROMs and such but I'm just not interested.
    My hat is off to those that do but it's just not for me. The ONLY reason I've EVER considered it was screen shots . I used screen shots on my Omnia often and missed the ability to do so on my Inc at first,I have since gotten to the point where I don't miss the ability to post my local weather radar screen shot on Facebook type stuff.
    My battery lasts the entire day , unlike my Omnia, so even if it's flashing red at 10 pm my Omnia was flashing red by 3 pm every day , often before then.
    Maybe it's leftover from Windows, but I'm not going to accept 1 or more new bugs just to day I've got a custom ROM

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Well, I can tell you right now, that you certainly don't have to load custom ROMs, that's just using root access to the full extent. You can simply root to start using some apps that require root access, like screenshot apps for instance. If you don't touch any system files your not jeopardizing causing any bugs, or altering your stock setup one bit, just increasing your potential app selection... then once your rooted and running screenshot apps if you feel inclined you could divulge a little deeper, and maybe freeze some bloatware or reap some other rewards of root. But if all you want is screenshot capabilities, I say go for it, nothing to lose only to gain, your just one button away. Grab z4root, hit the root button and stop having limited access; become an admin on your own phone, why should moto control weather or not you take screenshots, its your phone, use it how you want it. Join the root squad today!

Also having the ability to fully backup your system is reason enough to root in my opinion.

Anyone else still on the fence about rooting? Or use to be and happy they changed their mind?

{{ WugFresh }}

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    There never was a question about rooting in my mind although I was a bit apprehensive at first, but this was last January when Root and the D1 was new to all - I haven't looked back, there are however a lot of benefits to rooting without a custom ROM - most of the best apps require root

GB D1

Word, I remember when I first rooted, I had to manually type in adb commands from terminal on my desktop... that felt real sketchy... I was definitely apprehensive. I had no idea weather or not I was going to brick my phone or not... I didn't even know about sbfing. I just crossed my fingers, and thought, hope this works. LOL! But now it couldn't be simpler, just a one click app and done.

{{ WugFresh }}

I just rooted my DroidX with Z4Root. It took a total of one minute as I did temporary root and then permanent root.

Nice! Make a backup!

{{ WugFresh }}

Unable to root my htc magic 2.2.1 via universal android root app ?can u plz help

Sent from my HTC Magic using Android.net App

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Quote Originally Posted by vishal View Post
    Unable to root my htc magic 2.2.1 via universal android root app ?can u plz help

Sent from my HTC Magic using Android.net App
    I found this wants to Root my Htc magic

which lead to this [APP]SuperOneClick v1.6 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers

Wicked, should I include that in the op? Or do you want to just put it in your Get Root post (I think that's a better idea).

{{ WugFresh }}

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    Wicked, should I include that in the op? Or do you want to just put it in your Get Root post (I think that's a better idea).

{{ WugFresh }}
    You can if you want Wug. I plan on keeping the z4root thread just for z4. Maybe this one belongs on a thread of it's own? Your call buddy.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links