Android Manufacturer's

This is a discussion on Android Manufacturer's within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; fixed the title for you earlier today, now it's up to you to edit your post about mispelling the title...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android Manufacturer's

San Jose CA.
    258 times
    fixed the title for you earlier today, now it's up to you to edit your post about mispelling the title

On a ship, on this Planet Earth
    5 times
    I love Motorola's Build Quality and Software Support. After having the OG Droid it is a bit annoying not being able to hack it as much but as long as we can gain root, most of the changes I do are mostly cosmetic, like home replacement apps and customizations.

I've seen HTC's and they have made the largest collection of Android phones to date (including the very first). As to those who claim they are completely hackable, remember the G2, I'm not sure if it was T-mobile's fault or HTC's but it took them almost forever just to gain Root, let alone custom kernels (if they have even got that far). I also like HTC's build quality, and their software support is good, not as great as Motorola's but still pretty good.

Samsung makes awesome devices, still some of the best performing phones to date, but their software support sucks. I've played with one in the Verizon store and the build quality doesn't feel bad, but it is lighter than HTC or Motorola phones.

Lg makes alright devices, good for middling Android phones so far. Soon they are going to have a top-tier device but until now they've been making middle devices. Good build quality, moderate software support, but at least its there (finally the Ally is getting froyo).
    SmartPhone (s):
    Motorola Droid2Global
    : Stock, Rooted
    Motorola Droid (OG) : Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 w/ ChevyNo1 1.25 ULV kernel
    Verizon (HTC) xv6800 : (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    : (Windows Mobile 5.0)

Android Tablet(s):
    Archos 70It (250GB)
    : Stock, Rooted with Archangel exploit
    B+N Nook Color : UD 3.3.0
    Toshiba Thrive (32 GB): Stock, Rooted

I love my Motorola Droid X. I think the build quality is great, it isn't hard to hack it. And I just love it. I've never had an HTC or those other ones. But for my next phone it is going to be a hard choice with locked bootloaders for moto. Because I love Roms, and just customizing everything.

Sent from my DROIDX using App

I'm completely done with Motorola and am eager to see what HTC can offer me....somebody say HTC Scorpion?

Southern California
    6 times
    The phones I've owned have been either LG or Moto. No problems with either. As I never rooted my OG Droid, I'm not that concerned about a locked bootloader. At this point I'm looking forward to the Bionic, but as that time goes closer, I may change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links