Android Manufacturer's

This is a discussion on Android Manufacturer's within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; So, some people love Moto some love HTC. Most are wary about LG because they are new to the Android Game but admit the Optimus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Manufacturer's

Android Manufacturer's

So, some people love Moto some love HTC. Most are wary about LG because they are new to the Android Game but admit the Optimus line is very nice. Some love Samsung's hardware and easy rootable phones, but loathe the company due to their software controversy.

I am curious on what company that you find the best, and why?

I had a DROID for 12 months and now a Fascinate (as a holdover phone I bought on eBay Off-Contract).

To me, HTC seems the most solid, but just boring? the DROID 1 was an awesome phone, but I am not sold on Moto--can't put my finger on it. I love the Fascinate, and would consider Samsung's Galaxy S2 line for my next phone (and the Galaxy Tab 2 for my first tablet), but not sure how much I trust this company? I would make sure that it is released with the newest Android version.

Then there are skins... I use ADW and also root and thereby ROM so this is not a huge issue.

I am still uncertain on which direction to go next. How do you guys feel when picking your next high end Android device?
    Last edited by Eddog4DROID; 01-18-2011 at 01:55 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just recently decided HTC is probably the best way to go as far as hacker-friendliness is concerned. I have an OG Droid. Up until a couple months ago, I didn't care much about the latest technology in phones. After catching up on my research, I was severely disappointed to learn Motorola went away from the awesomeness they poured into the Droid. Adding Blur, locked bootloaders, adding efuse, etc. After reading one of their press releases where they basically said F You to the hacker community because they only care about average Joes and user friendliness, I have definitely given up on Motorola. I was going to wait it out for the Bionic on the dual core alone (willing to accept the locked bootloader), just for bragging rights and longevity, but I've completely changed my mind now. The Bolt is the way to go unless Motorola goes back to their Droid days.

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    I plan to stick with Motorola and the Bionic - but who knows what else will be on the horizon when the Bionic is available, I am keeping an open mind

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    I will stick with an HTC because unREVoked supports pretty much all HTC devies. And most all of them look sleek and sexy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Aside from the glaring software support issues... I'm all Samsung. I'll be getting whatever Galaxy S replacement is announced at MWC.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I've had issues with moto since the startac, but i bought the d2g. I've become fickle in my
    advanced age and buy the tech that looks best to me regardless of mfr. Now, if there
    were network issues for my particular area, i would settle for #2. It wouldn't serve me
    to be unreasonable...

r, john

I have Motorola phone but I wouldnt mine trying an HTC one. My nephew has the Inc and it is a soild phone, but I didnt get it cause well I just didnt want the same and I wanted to have the Motorola experience. I like Moto but I can see myself going back and forth between them!!
    Droid X

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    I think HTC and Moto are the upper level for now. HTCs are more hackable, but Motos are nicer and built better. I will stick with Motos for the time being.

I love Moto for their sturdy feel and all around good quality so I will most likely stick with them. Currently waiting for the Bionic. Htc makes good phones as well, so does Samgsung but they Never get updates to the most recent android version. LG is good but I am weary of how their smart phones will hold up (my chocolate 2 took a beating and never broke) also I don't like the looks of the Ally and the next phone on Verizon is the single core Revolution so that wont happen either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Right now I've got the OG Droid. I really like the quality of Motorola phones, but locked bootloaders and Blur are making my loyalty waiver. HTC would probably be the best route to go but I'm really not that impressed by Qualcomm processors or the battery life that most HTC phones get. Samsung is a definite no unless the developers are supporting it, and if LG had a dual core coming to Verizon I'd probably be going with them. I'm kinda stuck deciding.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links