[Question] Chrome OS on Android phones

This is a discussion on [Question] Chrome OS on Android phones within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; The Atrix showed us that Android phones will have the capabilties to run a netbook like interface. My question is why haven't we heard anything ...

Thread: [Question] Chrome OS on Android phones

[Question] Chrome OS on Android phones

The Atrix showed us that Android phones will have the capabilties to run a netbook like interface. My question is why haven't we heard anything about Google loading their Chrome OS along with the Android OS onto the next generation of phones. Motorola is able to run two Linux OS's on their phones with Android powering the phone aspects and their Webtop Linux OS initiated once the phone is docked. Hopefully Google's Chrome OS, once completed, will be used in this fashion and be a much neater package than what Motorola is able to produce. Really this is just speculation on my part but it seems like it could be a useful tool for anyone with the desire to have their phone act like a netbook.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    Google has already said that they intend to keep android and chromeOS separate, and their statement can always change in the future. But I would love it if I could just dock my phone and run chrome OS kind of how the atrix does.

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAppleseed View Post
    The Atrix showed us that Android phones will have the capabilties to run a netbook like interface. My question is why haven't we heard anything about Google loading their Chrome OS along with the Android OS onto the next generation of phones. Motorola is able to run two Linux OS's on their phones with Android powering the phone aspects and their Webtop Linux OS initiated once the phone is docked. Hopefully Google's Chrome OS, once completed, will be used in this fashion and be a much neater package than what Motorola is able to produce. Really this is just speculation on my part but it seems like it could be a useful tool for anyone with the desire to have their phone act like a netbook.
    You know, I've honestly never thought about that. That's a brilliant idea though! Nice! Chrome OS is lightweight enough to run just fine in a VM on the phone.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    It would be very easy and fast tovuse, and it would require little storage for it to work efficiently (maybe a few gigs).

There is not much to look at in this signature.

This sounds pretty cool. I would definately want/use this. Now to get me a Google CR-48 and see how chrome OS really works. But hey I'm broke. lol...

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links