Which Droid? Looking for suggestions.

This is a discussion on Which Droid? Looking for suggestions. within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I've been looking at Droid phones and I'm looking for suggestions. I've been looking and reading and so far I'm leaning toward the old Droid ...

Thread: Which Droid? Looking for suggestions.

Which Droid? Looking for suggestions.

I've been looking at Droid phones and I'm looking for suggestions. I've been looking and reading and so far I'm leaning toward the old Droid X. While I would love a Bionic I am not a patient man and I honestly don't see the point in making public a phone that won't be released for 6 months. Based on the historical advancements in technology over a given period of time the Bionic will be the equivalent of a paper weight by the time it's released compared the advancements made in that time. While there was a lot of speculation and rumor over the iPhunk coming to Verizon it isn't a 6 month wait from the time of public confirmation to release! Just to be clear. I'm not knocking the phone; I'm venting my frustration with waiting . If I'm going to wait 6 months for it then I might as well get something to enjoy now and get the Bionic after my next contract.

So, as it is. I can't get a dual core or Gingerbread on Verizon right now so I might as well get a phone that can be upgraded to Gingerbread. From what I've read the Droid X is a very likely candidate to be one of the first phones on Verizon to upgrade to Gingerbread? Right or Wrong? Any further suggestions?

I'm upgrading from a G'Zone Boulder which happens to be the first phone I've owned that survived my two year contract, but after two years of abuse it is starting to get quirky.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Depending on price issues I'd either recommend an HTC Incredible or Droid X right now. Droid X is a bit more expensive. If you absolutely have to have a keyboard (like me) - I'd get the Droid 2 Global.

Just my 2c... but everyone has their own opinions.

if you are intent on getting a phone now, and not waiting for the dual cores in the next couple of months, i agree with John - DX or Inc. my personal preference would be the DX. regardless, i would recommend only a 1 yr contract. in addition to the dual core phones coming out, rumors/reports started surfacing yesterday that we may see Tegra 3 processors in droid phones before the end of the year.

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

Thank you JohnDroid and HuskerKate! That just reinforces my decision to go ahead and buy the X. Also, I want to thank you for the news about the Tegra 3. Movin on to Quad cores before the dual is on sale. Makes you wonder what will be on the burners when the Bionic is finally released. I think Verizon is crazy to hold back on this phone. Must be too concerned with marketing and selling the iPhunk.

you know, actually, i have the opposite concern. this is pure speculation on my part, but i don't think they're holding the Bionic back. from everything i saw concerning CES last month, the Bionic was far from a polished, finished product. if anything, my concern would be that they might be rushing the Bionic out, with the risk that it may not be ready for the masses. i certainly hope my speculation is way off base...

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links