Galaxy S Brightness settings not good

This is a discussion on Galaxy S Brightness settings not good within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey all. I just bought a Galaxy S and as a phone it is pretty good but using 2.1 so there are a number of ...

Thread: Galaxy S Brightness settings not good

Android Lurker Android_Galaxy_S's Avatar

Galaxy S Brightness settings not good

Hey all.

I just bought a Galaxy S and as a phone it is pretty good but using 2.1 so there are a number of annoying software bugs lurking around that feels like I am using windows 95 again (resetting and so forth, not seen blue screen of death yet)

The one thing that really bugs me is battery life in relation to the brightness of the screen I have an ipod touch that can go alot dimmer and so at night I can use it as normal and in the day put it up to 30% brightness. The Galaxy S in direct comparison is at about 70% brightness of the ipod Touch on the Galaxy S's lowest setting.

So when looking at "Battery" status the main drain at about 78% is Screen display.

What I have tried to do about it

Download Apps that might have better controls over the screen brightness. Nope they just have slightly more controls over the current Samsung Galaxy Brightness.

In the end the only way I managed to prolong the life of the phone was to buy a 3000mAh battery and a special case which has done the trick. My phone lasts a full 24 hour period of contant fiddling.

So my question is, Are there any bright sparks out there that can dig into Samsungs Hardware and toggle the brightness settings to the point that phone almost appears off all in the name of preserving battery but using a software app to do. I would pay 5 for an app like that as I currently carry the samsung original 1500mAh battery along for back up on long trips

Last edited by Android_Galaxy_S; 01-23-2011 at 05:42 AM.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Galaxy S must have a battery control in the settings. I haven't used it but I am a bit confused from your post if there isn't a brightness control or it's just useless? I have an iPod as well and yes it's really great feature in that the battery is saved a lot by reducing the brightness. Moreover, if you have a room-mate, you are not disturbing him at night by the high bright light of your gadget.
    Last edited by maciphonesucks; 02-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links