Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already!

This is a discussion on Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already! within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Please do your part and sign this electronic petition. Let your voice be heard. Sign Groubal With a Tweet {{ WugFresh }} The message bellow ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already!

Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already!

Please do your part and sign this electronic petition.

Let your voice be heard.

Sign Groubal With a Tweet

{{ WugFresh }}

The message bellow is irrelevant to signing groubal with a tweet:

PC747 message below:

For those who do not know the motorola petition site, groupal, has been hacked. When a person clicks on it, it introduces malware. So as a result we have removed all links to that site. And will remove the links from sigs. Please if you see a link pm us so we can make sure no one clicks and messes up their computer. We would like to find away to continue to reach out to motorola to get those bootloaders unlocked but we need to find away to do so without our members being at risk for viruses. For now we will keep all links to those sites off until we know they are safe for our users. If you have another way to continue to get the bootloaders unlocked feel free to discuss. But please do not link off forum to support a cause with out pming a mod or admin first.
    Thanks

^^^^
    This was not Groubal specific. The ip's hosting the malware were TAKEN DOWN so this hack is no longer a threat at ALL.
    The attack was international and fully automated.
    Even the site MySQL.com itself got attacked.
    It's a mysql injection attack for sites with forms, or ways for users to input data into the database.

For more information:
    http://arstechnica.com/security/news...rls-so-far.ars

That is an article. Please leave the link mods. It explains what is going on and does not jeopardize anyones security because it is not vulnerable to the attack it speaks of.

Please follow me on twitter for updates @wugfresh

You can still sign the petition right now with no malware because the ip's of the sites hosting the malware have been shut down.

The vulnerability still remains for many sites. I will post more info as I receive it.

WugFresh
    Last edited by WugFresh; 04-02-2011 at 03:24 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Bump! Sign it. It takes like two secconds. Even if you don't have a DX, if we don't act now, locked bootloaders will become industry standard. You don't even have to make your name public. Just provide an email and a comment if you like. Please sign.

{{ WugFresh }}

I'm in.

just signed it... i think i saw men in black with motorola logos on their shoulders peeking in our house...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Signed it yesterday and retweeted it numerous times.

Signed.
    I tweeted the man behind this, Irwin Proud - @ibproud this morning about our efforts. This was his response: "@CoreyMorales thanks for that, i'm going to see if I can collaborate with @wugfresh" I encourage everyone, even passers by, to sign. Every little bit helps.

Twitter
    verwon
    I signed!

Beamed down to the earthlings from the Sexy Goddess's eVo!

Hello WugFresh

And thank you for contacting Groubal. Yes indeed our site was down for a couple of hours last night as we were hacked by unfriendly forces. Clearly the viral aspect of the Motorola and AT&T petitions posted and supported by many of you; touched some raw nerves.

Our technical team and hosting partners were alerted and remedied the situation. Also we have updated our source code and added a few extra layers of security to minimize these issues going forward.

Groubal is committed to supporting the voices of all consumers who have valid issues and we will continue to work tirelessly to maintain our first-in-class platform. We apologize for the interruption in service and most importantly are honored for individuals like yourself who have chosen Groubal as your megaphone to demand answers to your issues.

Best wishes,

Groubal Customer Care

info@groubal.com

{{ WugFresh }}

Last night I asked Irwin, @ibproud, about the online meeting with @MOTODEV and where this was going after that as I was curious myself:

"we're not going to hit them at it. It's being run by App Developers not OS Developers, we want to keep an Ace up our sleeve. Don't worry, we have more planned. A facebook campaign and possibly YouTube as well. We've got to try hard to not look like a group of whining kids. So we will make sure we has a numbers beefed up and our collaborators aligned and show them that this is worth there attention."

For those that dont follow on twitter, I'll try to keep this tread posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links