need help on picking a android

This is a discussion on need help on picking a android within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I just get a new job and i need help on picking a new phone and i live in richmond, va. I need a phone ...

Thread: need help on picking a android

Question need help on picking a android

I just get a new job and i need help on picking a new phone and i live in richmond, va. I need a phone that takes good pics and video. the phone has to be fast and have a good mp3 player... a phone that can be on internet when im talking to my friends. and that have a lot of free space. I would like it to be a 4g phone to.. HD video i would love

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

32 times
    What carrier?

I'd say go HTC if you can. Evo 4G (Sprint), or Thunderbolt (Verizon), if T-mobile I might wait a month or two and see a lot of nice phones are right about to come out for T-mobile (HTC Pyramid in particular) but the G2 and myTouch4G are also good and are out now. ATT Im not so sure about I think the HTC Inspire is supposed to be good.

Tucson, AZ
    15 times
    Talk and 'net at the same time? I think right now only ATT can do that, but I'm not certain.

Best bet, imho, would be the Thunderbolt. The wait for the 4g upgrade to your area, if it's not there yet, will be worth it for the increased speeds over the other carriers.

21 times
    You can talk and net at the same time on Sprint if 4G is available, or if you use wifi.

Beamed down to the earthlings from the Sexy Goddess's eVo!

El Paso, TX
    59 times
    Any carrier with 4G has the talk and browse option. Depends on your carrier of choice. If ya need it now then Tbolt for Verizon otherwise wait for dual core. On sprint grab the Evo. On at&t eh not sure. Tmobile, maybe a mytouch4g or nexus

between 850-1900MHz
    71 times
    GSM carriers have talk and web with all phones in any service area, CDMA carriers have that with any 4G handsets in 4G service areas.

For AT&T I'd say the Inspire or the Captivate... I wouldn't recommend the Atrix, unless you plan on keeping it stock, with maybe minor modifications.

For T-Mobile, the G2X, the G2, or the Nexus S.... all of those are great phones, and the G2X is a dual-core Tegra 2 powered phone.

For Sprint, the Evo is a tad outdated right now so I'd stay with other options like the Epic 4G or maybe one of the new handsets that are announced that are supposed to be dropping soon... Like the EVO 3D or the Nexus S 4G.

For Verizon, the Thunderbolt is a great phone, and they're going to be refreshing their whole lineup VERY soon. The Samsung Droid Charge and the Bionic are both in the pipeline...

Need Assistance? Contact me at

Thunderbolt also does talk and data at the same time on 3g

Sent from my DROIDX using

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links