Looking for a good Android phone for my needs

This is a discussion on Looking for a good Android phone for my needs within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I have been doing research, but there are so many phone I'm starting to go cross-eyed. I live in Tallahassee, FL, so 4G probably isn't ...

Thread: Looking for a good Android phone for my needs

Looking for a good Android phone for my needs

I have been doing research, but there are so many phone I'm starting to go cross-eyed.

I live in Tallahassee, FL, so 4G probably isn't a feature I need at this point - or any point in the near future.

I'd like a decent sized screen, adequate battery life (and charging time - the Atrix was horrible in this regard), and good hardware inside. Everything else is kinda gravy, to be honest.

As for carrier, I'd prefer Verizon, but Sprint would be OK (I've had bad experiences w/ their customer service before but have heard they've improved). No AT&T though - I'm with them now and they are dead to me

Thanks in advance, guys. I'm really hope I can glean some information from the vets.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Bite_MSMA
    If you want to go with Verizon, I don't think you can do worse than the Motorola Droid X. And if you are opening a new account with them, you ought to get a good deal on the phone itself. I upgraded to the Droid X a couple of days ago & have fallen in love with it. The screen size is one of the largest available. There are enough enthusiasts out there that if you want to hack the phone, it is relatively painless. From knowing nothing about the phone, I have advanced to a "rooted" phone and am looking at new ways to customize my baby. It has inspired me to start learning Android in order to do some application development of my own.

If you are not a real techie type, it is a good solid phone that offers a lot of features. Being able to surf the web from anywhere on a fairly decent screen is a real pleasure. Regardless, I think an Android phone is the way to go, given that it is open architecture.

I agree, the screen is large enough to use as a drawing tablet, makes swype easy, has a great camera and once you root and take control of the thing (more or less). you'll never look back. I only use my laptop now for big keyboard or photo jobs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    If you don't need 4g then the X would be the best phone available. Otherwise grab the thunderbolt, although battery life is not that great. Those are the 2 best phones on VZW right now in my opinion.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links