Beeping during phone calls

This is a discussion on Beeping during phone calls within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I am having a seriously annoying problem . My phone is beeping twice ( Beep Beep ) just like it would on the text to ...

Thread: Beeping during phone calls

Beeping during phone calls

I am having a seriously annoying problem. My phone is beeping twice ( Beep Beep ) just like it would on the text to speech function during phone calls. The person on the other end can not hear it, it happens on all phone calls (incoming or outgoing) EVERY 10 seconds!!!! This is probably the most annoying thing I have ever had to deal with !! I have seen other posts on line about this same problem going as far back as the original Driods that came out but I have never seen any posting that expains what is going on or happening. It has been said that it is the text to speech function, the bluetooth function, the good morning app and even the google speech function. I do not use any of these on my phone so I am not sure what exactly it is. It sounds to me like the text to speech function is trying to work while you are on a call but can not work since it is a call and not a text message.

I was not able to just power my phone off or remove the battery to make it stop (others have had luck with doing this in the past as a temp fix). Did a function switch reset with a verizon person and not even that worked. The ONLY thing that worked for me was to wipe the phone of all memory ( factory reset) and the I had to activate the phone again. It seems to me that some kind of applications or setting problem is going on behind the scene that is causing this. Almost as if two or more apps are fighting to change the settings as they want. Can anyone help with solving this issue as it has gone away for now but I am sure this will return and do not want to have to wipe my phone and set it all back up again!!! Also, I do not want to ROOT the phone as this will cause more problems in the end when I do have to deal with verizon on other issues.
    Also this has nothing to do with the minute timer for notifying you of lapsed time on calls, it is happening ever 10 seconds!
    Thanks everyone for any possible help!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Are you rooted? I am so I just freeze (using bloat freezer from market) the voice apps so as to avoid any issues.

Nope, not rooted.. But it seems as though there are apps/settings that I can not get to without rooting that are causing this... But I do not want to root the phone and I dont even think I can with the droid 2 R2D2

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ok, well try going to settings/apps/manage apps/all tab/ and find the possible culprits like voice search etc and select them, then force stop and wipe data in them if you can

You can try what Xerox suggested or install one app at a time and see which ones are responsible. It stinks having to do this but, maybe a last resort.

Sent from my T-959 using Android.net

Ads