No flash support for galaxy prevail?

This is a discussion on No flash support for galaxy prevail? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I am getting ready to purchase the samsung galaxy prevail for boost mobile and have read/watched many reviews on it so far. Everyone keeps saying ...

Thread: No flash support for galaxy prevail?

No flash support for galaxy prevail?

I am getting ready to purchase the samsung galaxy prevail for boost mobile and have read/watched many reviews on it so far. Everyone keeps saying it doesn't support flash, but I am not real sure how necessary flash is? Does it mean you can't watch movies or videos? some comments Iv'e read say that you can't watch youtube content without flash, yet the phone comes with youtube pre-installed...also, assuming you CAN watch movies or videos without flash, Im wondering if it is possible to watch netflix movies on this device? can't seem to find answers to these questions anywhere and I am new to the android experience so if anyone knows about this phone and the importance of flash, I'd sure appreciate some feedback. thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by dsturman View Post
    I am getting ready to purchase the samsung galaxy prevail for boost mobile and have read/watched many reviews on it so far. Everyone keeps saying it doesn't support flash, but I am not real sure how necessary flash is? Does it mean you can't watch movies or videos? some comments Iv'e read say that you can't watch youtube content without flash, yet the phone comes with youtube pre-installed...also, assuming you CAN watch movies or videos without flash, Im wondering if it is possible to watch netflix movies on this device? can't seem to find answers to these questions anywhere and I am new to the android experience so if anyone knows about this phone and the importance of flash, I'd sure appreciate some feedback. thanks!
    Well, Flash requires an ARM7 CPU, which the Prevail doesn't have. You won't be able to play embedded Youtube clips in the web browser, but all of the videos should be playable in the Youtube app, which doesn't require flash. Netflix is also a no-go, as I'm pretty sure it requires an ARM7 CPU too, though I could be mistaken on that one.

Welcome to the forums, BTW!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

You don't need Flash to watch any videos or movies. And you can watch YouTube in the web but not the Windows version. Only the mobile version ('cause it launches the app when loading the video). You might need Flash on some things in the Internet (like in PCs so you should know) but it's not necessary... I used to live without Flash and had no trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Well, Flash requires an ARM7 CPU, which the Prevail doesn't have. You won't be able to play embedded Youtube clips in the web browser, but all of the videos should be playable in the Youtube app, which doesn't require flash. Netflix is also a no-go, as I'm pretty sure it requires an ARM7 CPU too, though I could be mistaken on that one.

Welcome to the forums, BTW!
    Exactly my thoughts and understanding of the prevail. If your wanting to watch movies on the phone it's a gamble to what will or won't work without having the device to test.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links