Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation or another iPhone?

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation or another iPhone? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; One thing most people don't take into consideration when trying to decide between an iPhone or Android, are the apps. While Apple does have a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation or another iPhone?

One thing most people don't take into consideration when trying to decide between an iPhone or Android, are the apps. While Apple does have a much larger appstore than Android, they also have a ton of duplicate apps. You're also going to pay for most decent apps on the iPhone, compared to Android. I read awhile back that only about 25-30% of Apple apps are free as opposed to 55-60 percent of Android apps. Also, there is no"try before you buy" option with Apple. You buy it, you're stuck with it. While the return time frame recently plummeted to only 15 minutes with Android, at least the option is still there.
    Just something else to consider when picking out your new Android smartphone.

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 07-30-2011 at 04:29 AM.

I have a galaxy s2 and its amazing. The battery is far better than the sensations, also the running speed and user friendlyness. I did alot and i mean ALOT of research on these 2 phones before getting my S2 and Im glad i did because its very impressive. Im not too sure what you mean about the music thing but if your going to get an android mobile get this one. If anything get it for its speed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Thanks for the mini review ELL! I know quite a few of us are looking forward to this hitting the US carriers soon. Glad to hear you're happy with it!

tap'n

Yep...both of these units are hot right now...they're THE busiest threads at XDA both in stock and rooted, so plenty of support for either. Comes down to carrier and style preference.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Well I did it. My youngest has my iPhone now, and I have......a Galaxy S2. Its rather fab. Very fast. The battery lasts about as long as the 3GS' did. Loads of features. Having fun with it at the moment. The biggest niggle is that I'm still used to the iPhone way of typing (double space to get a full stop).

If people are intrested I'll post more comparative opinions later when I have lived with it a bit longer.

Glad you finally got it. You should like it. Don't forget about the notification area at the top. Any questions jump right over to the galaxy s2 section and ask away.

Yay another galaxy s2 owner

Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Glad to hear you made your mind up, it can be very hard, its like trying to buy a car, which one do you go for when there are so many to choose from, obviously the amount of cash you are willing to spend and ruling out types you really detest can help but still...

I had the same dilemma I was like those 'iPhone fan boys' I was almost doing a homer 'Um doughnuts', with the HTC, but I did my research (always do that before any major purchase as you all know) and I decided to go for the Samsung GS2, because I wanted a faster phone, the more memory etc and plus I heard in the UK that lots of people were having trouble with the repairs centre (I've dropped one phone in a toilet, one in a sink and with the phone in my coat pocket I slammed the car door into another phone) I could not take that chance.

I really hope you enjoy your new phone, and fingers crossed mine will be arriving today (maybe tomorrow)

Some far so good with the S2. A few niggles but nothing to make me regret the choice of phone or network.

Twice now I have lost internet access even though I could access the 3 web sites I could not access anything else. Spoke to 3 and was told to do a factory reset. I was a bit sceptical but it worked. I was amazed when I was starting to set it up again to find that it was being reconfigured over the air! Google and samsung have done a great job.

Also occasionally it seems to show a reluctance to respond to screen touches, I imagine I just need to get used to it more.

Fantastic phone, really enjoying android.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links