Want to root

This is a discussion on Want to root within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi guys. I borrowed a pc until wednesday. Can someone please post a link to rooting or if someone has time to post step-by-step instructions ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to root

Want to root

Hi guys. I borrowed a pc until wednesday. Can someone please post a link to rooting or if someone has time to post step-by-step instructions I'de really appreciate it (keep it mind I don't understand most of the terminology. Major noobie here). I've been to xda but it's awfully confusing. That seems more for people that already know their stuff, and they don't tolerate dumb questions so well. Thank-you.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just download Gingerbreak.

Thats what I used...it works perfectly! It's basically a one click procedure

I used my phone, did a google search for gingerbreak 1.2 and downloaded it to my sd card...used Astro to open & install it, made sure I used Apps2sd and saved what I wanted...then ran gingerbreak and let it do its thing. Then it rebooted & I downloaded ROOT CHECKER from the Market, and it said "Congratulations! Your device is rooted!" Then you will need BUSYBOX (don't use stericson's, use the next one), use version 1.9 & save to system/bin (not xbin). Then when its done & says installed correctly, go back apps menu to ROOT CHECKER & click to verify busybox is installed on your device. If it says yes/congrats, then you are done. Then you can leave it stock ROM (which I did) or if you wish to add cyanogen cm7 or whatever else, just find all links/info in the forum.

GOOD LUCK!
    [p.s., gingerbreaking will NOT format/delete anything from your sdCard and after Rooting, and device reboots, open gingerbreak again to create a recovery backup]

Sent from my VM670 using Android.net

Thank-you HAT1985. Here goes nothing...hope to see you on the other side!

Well I made it! Your instructions are unfailable HAT! Now I need to figure out why I wanted my phone rooted (don't we all root out of curiosity in the beginning?). The first thing I want to do is delete some of those junk apps. Bloatfreeze?

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    Well I made it! Your instructions are unfailable HAT! Now I need to figure out why I wanted my phone rooted (don't we all root out of curiosity in the beginning?). The first thing I want to do is delete some of those junk apps. Bloatfreeze?

I see. Titanium b/u.

Haha, I wanted to do it to delete stock apps that were unnecessary on my phone...like Twidroid and Virgin Mobile Live and airG....just Use google search to find Root Explorer, download & install app using Astro file manager, open Root Explorer & click the mount r/w at the top and go to system/app folder and data/app folders, long click on the desired apps you want gone for good, select Delete & then go to data/data folder to delete the same apps (but only delete it if you know what you are deleting) & when you are done, then go to data/dalvik-cache folder and delete all INDIVIDUALLY...Reboot your phone and Ta'Da!

While you are at it, download Mount system (rw/ro) AND Move2SD Enabler (with this app, select external, and choose 'Apply' this will automatically save downloaded apps to your sdCard) AND OI File Manager from the market...these apps will help you later on.

*Remember if you delete dalvik-cache later on, it will reset everything on your home screens and you will lose widgets and have to uninstall & re-install them*

~ HOPE THIS HELPED.

Gingerbreak didn't work for me I tried 4 times lol idk why it didn't

Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by zachgross View Post

Optimus V
    If I can figure out this method anybody can. Just follow HAT's instructions exactly. It does work.

Quote Originally Posted by HAT1985 View Post
    Haha, I wanted to do it to delete stock apps that were unnecessary on my phone...like Twidroid and Virgin Mobile Live and airG....just Use google search to find Root Explorer, download & install app using Astro file manager, open Root Explorer & click the mount r/w at the top and go to system/app folder and data/app folders, long click on the desired apps you want gone for good, select Delete & then go to data/data folder to delete the same apps (but only delete it if you know what you are deleting) & when you are done, then go to data/dalvik-cache folder and delete all INDIVIDUALLY...Reboot your phone and Ta'Da!

While you are at it, download Mount system (rw/ro) AND Move2SD Enabler (with this app, select external, and choose 'Apply' this will automatically save downloaded apps to your sdCard) AND OI File Manager from the market...these apps will help you later on.

*Remember if you delete dalvik-cache later on, it will reset everything on your home screens and you will lose widgets and have to uninstall & re-install them*

~ HOPE THIS HELPED.

I gained over 40mb on my card! And I really needed it to expand my power-amp library! Thanx-again

Quote Originally Posted by zachgross View Post

Optimus V
    What exactly are you doing since its not working? I have the LG Optimus V, and it worked for me the first time. Did you write down my steps first? then try doing it...Another option is to go to youtube and look up the video's for "how to root LG optimus V" theres step by step instructions (but thats the long way to do it), or some people do z4root, but my last optV phone that I did that on got messed up.

* Gingerbreak is the sure fire way!

Good luck to you though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links