HELP!!! How to Move files to external sd

This is a discussion on HELP!!! How to Move files to external sd within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I plugged an external micro sd into my Samsung Galaxy S II but I don't know How to move my apps and games to my ...

Thread: HELP!!! How to Move files to external sd

HELP!!! How to Move files to external sd

I plugged an external micro sd into my Samsung Galaxy S II but I don't know How to move my apps and games to my external sd card. Any apps or any steps should I do to move them to the micro sd card?
    My SGS II version is 2.3.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think there is a application call "App 2 SD (move app to SD)" in the android market may suit your need

Maybe this'll help? I have a Motorola Atrix dual core that came with a 16GB internal memory card storage to which I was able to add another 16GB micro sdcard as an extension. When I go into Settings >Applications on my phone it has the option to move to sdcard for most apps, some won't allow you to do it. As for moving files to sdcard you need to do that through your computer via your USB cable. With my phone I then go to my status bar where my options have opened up & I choose USB storage & then press OK. Next on your computer screen you should see 1 or 2 windows one behind the other. Click on the folder icon & your sdcards should open up & you'll be able to manage your files from there. I've created new folders on my sdcard-ext & named them, just as you would on your computer. Be a bit careful though I've moved music files from one card to another & at the time my music player couldn't find them anymore. Apps pretty much have to stay on your internal memory card. I use the external one for photos /pictures, movies /videos, audiobooks, & music which take up a lot of space. I've often had to restore everything. You have to learn by trial & error. Lots of panic & stress but its usually fixable. I've done 100's of factory resets & unmounted my sdcards to start over.
    Lots of good luck, hope I was of some help.

Sent from my MB860 using Android.net
    Last edited by helios; 10-29-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Sponsored Links