iPhone user, looking for a change.

This is a discussion on iPhone user, looking for a change. within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi there, go easy on me guys. i am an iPhone user, and i am wanting to change to android because my contract ends soon, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: iPhone user, looking for a change.

iPhone user, looking for a change.

Hi there, go easy on me guys.

i am an iPhone user, and i am wanting to change to android because my contract ends soon, i can wait 2 month then it ends but can get an upgrade now.

please can you guys recommend what phone to replace it and why ?
    or is there a better phone to be available in the next 2 month. ?

i am with Vodafone in the UK
    Last edited by aftermath; 10-16-2011 at 05:00 AM. Reason: as requested by a mod i added provider

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
    Hi there, go easy on me guys.

i am an iPhone user, and i am wanting to change to android because my contract ends soon, i can wait 2 month then it ends but can get an upgrade now.

please can you guys recommend what phone to replace it and why ?
    or is there a better phone to be available in the next 2 month. ?
    The Samsung Galaxy S2 is the Android that is running neck-in-neck to the new iphone 4s.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android.net
    aftermath likes this.

Hi there.

If you could wait a little more, here it comes the Nexus Galaxy/Prime by Samsung.. i believe that it is going to be an awesome Android phone.

Enjoy the freedom
    aftermath likes this.

In your intro post, I asked about your provider or desired provider..that may help the selection process, too.
    aftermath likes this.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Whichever android phone you choose will be a good choice. Won't be long until your contract is over.
    aftermath likes this.

i can change contract in less than 2 month , i am with vodaphone, and wish to stay with them.

i am still undecided weather to stay with apple or go for android, thats why i come here for advice.

if a better phone is going to be soon i will wait..

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
    i can change contract in less than 2 month , i am with vodaphone, and wish to stay with them.

i am still undecided weather to stay with apple or go for android, thats why i come here for advice.

if a better phone is going to be soon i will wait..
    I left a 3GS having played with a 4 for about half an hour. The 4 was boring because it was totally familiar (!?) and only a bit better than th 3GS. I went to Three to get my chosen phone. Three have good coverage where I live and have the "as much data as you can eat" plan - which for a smartphone is a bonus.

The phone I chose was the Samsung Galaxy S2. It has a large screen, dual core fast processor and loads of memory. It had Android 2.3.3 which is good, it now has 2.3.4 which is better and is recently available.

On 2.3.3, the phone would come off charge at about 8am and would start beeping for charge at about 5pm - about the same that I had from the 3GS. With 2.3.4 the battery lasts until about 8pm, which is actually quite impressive to me.

This phone certainly has made me a fan of Android, even though it was my son's HTC that made me look in the first place.

The phone is shocking thin and light weight - so much so I bought a Samsung leather case to protect it immediately.

If you are into music, the standard Music player is good, but if you want gapless music you will need to spend about 5 buying either PowerAmp (which I did) or WinAmp (possibly better - not sure). Synchronising my music using WMP12 (Samsun Kies [the app to download for the phone] seemed to be unable to read the iTunes ID3 tags on my music consistantly well) is....different. iTunes seems easier but once I figured out what I was meant to be doing with WMP it is now very simple.

There are some very very good apps out there for Android, so don't be frightened away because of stories about Android Market Place. There are always places like that can give recommendations.

Lets face it the Apple iPhone is a finely polished product, but the range of Android phones out there really should be investigated. I went Samsung, my son has an HTC, it is more customisable than my phone, and feels more solid (but my Samsung knocks the spots off it). If you go Android you will no longer "have your hand held", but will have a phone that will be very adaptable. I use my phone downloading torrents as the HSDPA+ connection is faster than my home broadband! That is something that an iPhone will never be allowed to do by Apple as it upsets their business model.

I would recommend a Samsung Galaxy SII, but take a look at the HTC Sensation BEATS (think that's the name-they have improved that one recently), then compare to a 4S. I think that you will be surpised a how good the Samsun and the HTC are.

Have fun.

I exchange my HTC with my friends' iphone, A few days later, i take my phone back. Cause i thought, my Android OS is better.

Welcome glad you joined us.

I upgraded my iPhone 3GS to the 4S last month. A week ago I exchanged my 4S for the Samsung Galaxy S II. WOW! I'm not going to Bad Mouth the iPhone but I am going to Rave on the Galaxy! Unbelievably Faster than the iPhone. I am SO glad that I exchanged cells. It took me 3 visits to AT&T to exchange. I literly walked in with the 4S in the box three times before actually going thru with it. Once again; SO GLAD that I Switched to Android! Just DO IT "Aftermath"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links