USB Storage

This is a discussion on USB Storage within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; USB storage is the main partition on my phone. In a file manager it is known as SDcard (not to be confused with the external ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Storage

USB storage is the main partition on my phone. In a file manager it is known as SDcard (not to be confused with the external SDcard) and that is where your files should be. There is also 2GB of Internal Storage that is dedicated to the installation of apps(but not their data). As an example if you download a camera app the apk itself is installed on Internal Storage and the pictures taken are stored in /SDcard/(in sert camera app name here) so your music should be found in /SDcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    USB storage is the main partition on my phone. In a file manager it is known as SDcard (not to be confused with the external SDcard) and that is where your files should be. There is also 2GB of Internal Storage that is dedicated to the installation of apps(but not their data). As an example if you download a camera app the apk itself is installed on Internal Storage and the pictures taken are stored in /SDcard/(in sert camera app name here) so your music should be found in /SDcard.
    Thanx Ollie. You hit the nail on the head as far as understanding my question and giving me the answer I have sought for quite awhile now as my last 2 phones didn't have this storage listed separate from external storage.
    But, I have looked in every file in Astro, sd card and external sd card. I find bits and pieces of music here and there, but certainly not 268 songs. Is it at all possible that some of my music is going to the cloud and not to my device (I have no idea what the cloud is or how it works)? How and why would I want to use the cloud?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Have you opened the app and tried to see what songs are listed? Also go to the app settings and see if it tells you where the songs are stored and if you can decide where to put them.

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    Thanx Ollie. You hit the nail on the head as far as understanding my question and giving me the answer I have sought for quite awhile now as my last 2 phones didn't have this storage listed separate from external storage.
    But, I have looked in every file in Astro, sd card and external sd card. I find bits and pieces of music here and there, but certainly not 268 songs. Is it at all possible that some of my music is going to the cloud and not to my device (I have no idea what the cloud is or how it works)? How and why would I want to use the cloud?

I will check out poweramp and get back to you.

Start Poweramp and launch a song that you have downloaded. While it is playing press your Menu button on your phone while inside of Poweramp. A popup will appear and in the top row you will see an Info tab. Click it. The next window that comes up will show the location of that song at the very top of it. Browse to that location using a file explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Start Poweramp and launch a song that you have downloaded. While it is playing press your Menu button on your phone while inside of Poweramp. A popup will appear and in the top row you will see an Info tab. Click it. The next window that comes up will show the location of that song at the very top of it. Browse to that location using a file explorer.
    How could I be so dumb. Now I can see where they are. I don't know why all my downloads go to different places..I guess it's because I download from several different sites. Now I can move them all to the same folder.
    Thanx Ollie. This was perplexing me for quite awhile.

You can also include/exclude folders through the PowerAmp settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links