USB Storage

This is a discussion on USB Storage within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Can somebody please tell me what USB Storage is and what usually automatically goes there? I can't seem to find my PowerAmp downloads and I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Storage

USB Storage

Can somebody please tell me what USB Storage is and what usually automatically goes there? I can't seem to find my PowerAmp downloads and I'm wondering if they are going there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android.net

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Well, USB storage is were you connect your phone to your PC via a USB cord. When you select to "mount" the your phone it will allow you to gain access to your SD card via your computer. Now, when you're disconnecting your phone from your PC make sure to select the USB icon on your star bar (next to the clock) on your computer and "safely remove" or "eject" your device - your phone - before you "remount" your SD card. After "ejecting" your phone from the computer go back to the phone screen and press the button under the android logo that will remount your SD card. If you want step by step instruction pm me and I'll give you instructions.

Now, as far as the power amp download. What kind of download are you talking about? If you're looking for the trial it is on the market. If you're looking for the full version that will also be found on the market for a preset monetary value. Please expand on what you are looking for.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android.net

Quote Originally Posted by UnionElite View Post
    Well, USB storage is were you connect your phone to your PC via a USB cord. When you select to "mount" the your phone it will allow you to gain access to your SD card via your computer. Now, when you're disconnecting your phone from your PC make sure to select the USB icon on your star bar (next to the clock) on your computer and "safely remove" or "eject" your device - your phone - before you "remount" your SD card. After "ejecting" your phone from the computer go back to the phone screen and press the button under the android logo that will remount your SD card. If you want step by step instruction pm me and I'll give you instructions.

Now, as far as the power amp download. What kind of download are you talking about? If you're looking for the trial it is on the market. If you're looking for the full version that will also be found on the market for a preset monetary value. Please expand on what you are looking for.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android.net
    Thank-you for the info. I'm trying to create folders to separate my songs by artists. I have full version of PA on my sd card (supposedly) but I can't seem to find it using Astro.

Last edited by titanoman; 10-19-2011 at 08:26 AM.

I just realized you think I'm talking about the choice to connect with a cable while I'm actually talking about actual storage on my phone. 11.25g of it. First phone that had this. I don't know what's supposed to go on it. Maybe my music is going there. I don't know.

Hi. If your phone is basically similar to mine when it comes to the USB, it just means you connect to your computer via your USB cable. On your phone taskbar a prompt should come up asking you to choose one of several options. I choose the USB storage option. This brings up two windows - E & F memory cards E being the internal one that came with your phone & F being an sdcard extension onto your computer screen. Mine is a 16 GB one that I bought & installed. Whatever app you use for your music should also have installed a folder onto your sdcard from which you can add or remove your music files. You can also create your own new folder on your sdcard just as you would on your computer. As your music is most likely in mp3 format your player should access them automatically. I really hope this helps. I had to find all this stuff out for myself because these smart phones don't come with manuals. I use the MixZing Pro player because it automatically finds my music & has great features, I also have PowerAmp Pro version but much prefer MixZing, you can try both out for free in the android app market . Good luck.

Sent from my MB860 using Android.net
    Last edited by helios; 10-29-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Thank-you

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

What Union Elite said was also correct. Be sure that when you're finished to safely disconnect your USB cable, just as he said. My computer is pretty old but on the bar at the bottom right corner there are icons one of which when you click on it it says Remove USB safely then you WAIT till it says its okay to do so. Hope I've covered everything & once again good luck.

Sent from my MB860 using Android.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads