If this issue has already been raised before, please point me to the exact/related thread.

Device: Samsung SMT-i9100
Android OS: 2.2
Air Runtime: 3.0

1. Customized video Player(AIR app) that runs 24/7
2. Player will be sent back to foreground if any other app is launch
or even if HOME button is pressed.

We implemented #2 by creating an android program run in the background as service
to send the player back to foreground in case it is in the background. The INTENT
is sent every 10 secs to check the players status.

With this, we encountered 2 issues:

1) After a few hours of playing, the CPU usage goes up to 90% (and above) and
the player's FPS slowly goes down from 30fps to 10 (and below) until the video freezes.

Our assumption is that every time we sent the INTENT, the tasks are piled up somewhere
that makes the CPU goes up. However, we reset tasks every time we issue the INTENT.

Here's part of the FLAG_ACTIVITY settings that we implemented:

mViewerIntent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_MAIN);
mViewerIntent.addCategory(Intent.CATEGORY_LAUNCHER );

We have also set other flags, such as FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TASK,FLAG_ACTIVITY_BROUGHT_TO_ FRONT etc... but to no avail.

On AIR side, we also set the following:
allowTaskReparenting, alwaysRetainTaskState, clearTaskOnLaunch, finishOnTaskLaunch

When launching air in android, Adobe AIR always set it to "singleTask" (e.g. android:launchMode=singleTask)
as it is a reserved element. (Please correct me if i'm wrong).

With "singleTask", is this the proper way to clear the task or is there any other way to do it?

We have confirmed that there is no memory leak in the player and that we make sure
that garbage collection is properly implemented. This our product player and works perfectly under windows.

2) The second problem is not directly related to the first one.

Without issuing the INTENT (just the player running), after 24hrs or so, the player just shutdown by itself.
We don't know what causes the problem since there is no exception occured. This time the CPU
does not goes up... its stays somewhere at around 60%.

Could it be a problem between AIR and Android OS?
Any idea or help is greatly appreciated.