What is better - Nexus Prime or Samsung Galaxy S2

This is a discussion on What is better - Nexus Prime or Samsung Galaxy S2 within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello, can you help which one is better and why? thanks...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mujibar

Thread: What is better - Nexus Prime or Samsung Galaxy S2

What is better - Nexus Prime or Samsung Galaxy S2

Hello, can you help which one is better and why? thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

They both have their plusses. Compared to my SGS2(international version) the Samsung Nexus has a little larger screen. If compared to the U.S. version the screen is the same size I believe.It's screen is pentile though because it doesn't have the SuperAmoled Plus rating. I think they are trying to work around this by giving it a higher resolution. Under the hood it is comparable in processing speed. That phone should theoretically be as fast as the SGS2, but the higher resolution in the screen may come into play. Samsung bumped up the speed of the SGS2 after it was released and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it to the Nexus. Camera-wise the SGS2 has a better megapixel rating (8mp vs 5mp) and if the Nexus has some great sensors this may not matter. It's all about the sensors when it comes.to photography. The build of the chassis is very similar with the exceptions that there are no buttons on the face of the Nexus and the Nexus' screen has a slight curve to it. The SGS2 is running Gingerbread. I run 2.3.7, but officially I think it is only supposed to be on 2.3.4. The Nexus will he the first phone to run IceCream Sandwich. Google's brand new operating system. The SGS2 will receive it through an update. The SGS2 has a removable battery. The Nexus doesn't. The SGS2 also is capable of using a micro-Sdcard to expand internal memory. The Nexus isn't. Some.models of the SGS2 are NFC capable, some aren't and the Nexus will have this OOTB.

I won't be upgrading to this phone myself, but it looks like a really sweet upgrade phone for those that are coming from another phone.

The Nexus actually does have a removable battery. Saw it in an unboxing video.

Tapatalk'd
    Ollie likes this.

Anyone have any idea why they went with the TI OMAP 4460 processor in the G Nexus instead of the Exynos?

I've read that performance wise the Exynos is supposed to at least equal the OMAP as well as having a better gpu.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    They both have their plusses. Compared to my SGS2(international version) the Samsung Nexus has a little larger screen. If compared to the U.S. version the screen is the same size I believe.It's screen is pentile though because it doesn't have the SuperAmoled Plus rating. I think they are trying to work around this by giving it a higher resolution. Under the hood it is comparable in processing speed. That phone should theoretically be as fast as the SGS2, but the higher resolution in the screen may come into play. Samsung bumped up the speed of the SGS2 after it was released and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it to the Nexus. Camera-wise the SGS2 has a better megapixel rating (8mp vs 5mp) and if the Nexus has some great sensors this may not matter. It's all about the sensors when it comes.to photography. The build of the chassis is very similar with the exceptions that there are no buttons on the face of the Nexus and the Nexus' screen has a slight curve to it. The SGS2 is running Gingerbread. I run 2.3.7, but officially I think it is only supposed to be on 2.3.4. The Nexus will he the first phone to run IceCream Sandwich. Google's brand new operating system. The SGS2 will receive it through an update. The SGS2 has a removable battery. The Nexus doesn't. The SGS2 also is capable of using a micro-Sdcard to expand internal memory. The Nexus isn't. Some.models of the SGS2 are NFC capable, some aren't and the Nexus will have this OOTB.

I won't be upgrading to this phone myself, but it looks like a really sweet upgrade phone for those that are coming from another phone.
    You didn't mention that the T-mobile version of the S2 has the 1.5ghz processors and the larger 4.52" super-amoled screen and a few other pluses.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Thanks Muji! That is a huge plus. It is the reason I left Apple.

I mentioned the screen size. Is that the snapdragon processor? What I did forget to mention is the Nexus comes with an LED notification light and the SGS2 doesn't have that. I wish it did.

What other plusses does Tmos version have? I haven't had a chance to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    You didn't mention that the T-mobile version of the S2 has the 1.5ghz processors and the larger 4.52" super-amoled screen and a few other pluses.

Many of the 1.2G phones are getting a frequency kick up to 1.5 (my Sensation is due for it, likely with ICS?)...so I'd expect the same from the Galaxy Nexus.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Thanks Muji! That is a huge plus. It is the reason I left Apple.

I mentioned the screen size. Is that the snapdragon processor? What I did forget to mention is the Nexus comes with an LED notification light and the SGS2 doesn't have that. I wish it did.

What other plusses does Tmos version have? I haven't had a chance to play with it.
    A lot of nice features.http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...-Mobile_id5541

Has Tmo activated the NFC on the phone? I read that AT&T has theirs locked out right now.

The biggest difference between Samsung Nexus prime and Samsung Galaxy S2 is in software,Samsung Nexus prime is
    Running the new Ice Cream sandwich version of Android 4.0 and Samsung Galaxy S2is running on Gingerbread version of Android 2.3.3.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links