2 Year Old Deleted All Photos and Video from Galaxy S2

This is a discussion on 2 Year Old Deleted All Photos and Video from Galaxy S2 within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi All, Am new this forum and in desperate need of some advice/help. I have had my Samsung Galaxy s2 for a few months and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Year Old Deleted All Photos and Video from Galaxy S2

Unhappy 2 Year Old Deleted All Photos and Video from Galaxy S2

Hi All, Am new this forum and in desperate need of some advice/help.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy s2 for a few months and had about 1000 photos and videos stored on it.
    A few nights ago my darling baby boy who is all of 2 managed to successfully delete every last one of my photos and videos.
    First of all I am just kicking myself for letting him play with my phone and secondly I am kicking myself for not backing them
    up on my computer.

Has anyone else lost photos and been able to recover them? I don't have an extra memory (Sd card) in my phone....it's just as
    was bought from the shop.

I did download a picture recovery program called "Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery". It seemed to have good reviews and said
    it could recover photos from the Samsung Galaxy S2 but when it told me to "select a storage device for recovery" It didn't seem
    to give me the option to locate my photo despite me having it plugged in to my PC.

Any help would be much appreciated....thanks so much for reading.

Leayshia (aka...one frustrated mum)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi leayshia, sorry to hear about your dilemma. This happened to me aswell with my little cousin. Luckily i have a photobucket app that stores my photos online. Do you have a similar app that could have stored them online? Also check your "my files" folder to see if they are backed up in a different folder. If not then Im afraid your pics may be lost

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Thanks for the response )

I don't have a photobucket Ap but I will be looking into it right away.

As for the "My files folder" .....I don't think I knew there was one. Will check it out.

Thanks

Another option is to use the instant upload feature of your google account. It automatically sends a copy of every photo you take to Picasa, not the full size photo but for a backup before you do a full backup to your computer it is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwd View Post
    Another option is to use the instant upload feature of your google account. It automatically sends a copy of every photo you take to Picasa, not the full size photo but for a backup before you do a full backup to your computer it is perfect.
    Thank you, that sounds like a fab idea. I must look into that immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ELL4EVER View Post
    Also check your "my files" folder to see if they are backed up in a different folder. If not then Im afraid your pics may be lost

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net
    I looked into my "my files" folder and found a section under "camera cache" which I think is where the photos would be because there would have had to have been over a 1000 little files in there only none of them would open. Every time I would click on one to open it would say something like "no application to open this. How frustrating because it really looks like they could be there but can't be opened. (

Maybe you can farm out the kid as a Developer?

Quote Originally Posted by leayshia View Post
    Hi All, Am new this forum and in desperate need of some advice/help.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy s2 for a few months and had about 1000 photos and videos stored on it.
    A few nights ago my darling baby boy who is all of 2 managed to successfully delete every last one of my photos and videos.
    First of all I am just kicking myself for letting him play with my phone and secondly I am kicking myself for not backing them
    up on my computer.

Has anyone else lost photos and been able to recover them? I don't have an extra memory (Sd card) in my phone....it's just as
    was bought from the shop.

I did download a picture recovery program called "Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery". It seemed to have good reviews and said
    it could recover photos from the Samsung Galaxy S2 but when it told me to "select a storage device for recovery" It didn't seem
    to give me the option to locate my photo despite me having it plugged in to my PC.

Any help would be much appreciated....thanks so much for reading.

Leayshia (aka...one frustrated mum)
    1- Hey Leayshia,

That was a huge amount of data which you lost. But don’t give up; I have one suggestion if you like it. I heard about Remo Android Recovery software, it can restore your all deleted data from Android phone. Hope you will apperitiate it.

Android Lurker thisinevitableintoxicatio's Avatar
    Samsungs program is kies.I deleted all my contacts had took dig through bunch of files and found a ipb file or something and added it to kies and it worked also look at them on the computer and right click look at properties and see what file type it is and then Google what app opens that file format its worth a shot if you haven't already gotten them back.I also recommend using Dropbox.it came on my note two and I have access to over 20 sodmething gigs of my photos for free without them on my phone.kick ass cloud storage :-)

Android Lurker thisinevitableintoxicatio's Avatar
    Also maybe copying what files are there and pasting them on your desk top so that if so.ething happens by accident you still have them on your phone. But Dropbox may already be on your phone stock.if so check there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links