A few LG Ally issues.....before I throw it out the window!

This is a discussion on A few LG Ally issues.....before I throw it out the window! within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; It simply amazes me that the billion dollar industry of cellular has to suck so bad I bought a smartphone (LG Ally) for one main ...

Thread: A few LG Ally issues.....before I throw it out the window!

A few LG Ally issues.....before I throw it out the window!

It simply amazes me that the billion dollar industry of cellular has to suck so bad

I bought a smartphone (LG Ally) for one main reason, I have a cabin where I retreat to and don't have internet by design......however......in order to be there I need to see and reply to important emails........it is so painful it isn't worth it......maybe someone can help.

EMAIL:
    I have my business (Time Warner POP 3) email set up on my phone and although I don't have a good signal I do get emails, that's where the good ends! The phone will ultimately download every business email I ever get and then I HAVE TO DELETE THEM ONE AT A TIME AND THEN DELETE THEM ONE AT A TIME FROM THE TRASH......I JUST GOT DONE DELETING 450 EMAILS AND THEN DELETING THEM AGAIN. How can there not be a way to "delete all"?

APP KILLER:
    Due to the "searching for Service" nature of the signal at my cabin my phone battery dies in a few hours (it normally lasts 3-4 days). Why can't someone develop an app killer which I can program to kill a list of apps the instant they come up?

SD CARD:
    I can't see what is on my SD Card unless I pull it out and plug it in to another device.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hello, welcome and sorry your phone is difficult for you. As far as app killer, app killer is an unneeded app;some others are,antivirus and battery savers. If your expecting multiple days on a single charge that is not going to happen. More than unlikely you have apps on your phone that do not allow your phone to sleep. Find out what they are and if they are needed. If not then uninstall,if they are then go into settings>applications>manage applications and then force stop the ones running. Also, a helpful tip is to power cycle your phone once a day and once every 3 days pull battery for 30 seconds and then power up again. Make sure to force stop those apps again after powering up your device again.

It may seem contradictory to add another app but a task manager like watchdog lite is free and will tell you which apps are hogging up memory and running in the background, using up your battery. To disable apps access to background data, go to settings >accounts and sync>uncheck background data. Uninstall any stubborn apps.
    As far as poor signal, there are signal amplifiers that stick on your battery cover although I haven't heard if they work

Good advice Andyroid but, watchdog uses resources and kind of defeats purpose of making battery last longer.

Twitter
    wwickedd
    For the email issue, give K-9 Mail a try.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links