Newbie Needs Advice

This is a discussion on Newbie Needs Advice within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; It is possible your maximize your memory when you root your phone, but that requires advanced knowledge of Android. Root means full access to your ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newbie Needs Advice

It is possible your maximize your memory when you root your phone, but that requires advanced knowledge of Android.

Root means full access to your phone, meaning you have control over everything in your phone (you can even overclock your CPU) but it is dangerous if you're not experienced enough. Manufacturers lock some things so unexperienced users wouldn't brick (ruin) their phones.

Been using my laptop on streamyx wireless with ZTE router...without any problem....and my Samsung Galaxy Ace too..without any problem...Then recently I bought myself a ZTE V9 Android Tablet...net browsing has been fine using my Data Simcard. The problem is my tablet cannot acess the wireless...there's this message "Obtaining IP Address.." keep rolling...and sometimes there's a reminder telling me that wireless connection is available...but the ICON comes together with a question mark...and no internet access is available...this too has happened to my Samsung Galaxy Ace.... what can be the causes..is my ZTE router going bad ? Please you expert people help me out of this strange problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk Fox View Post
    It is possible your maximize your memory when you root your phone, but that requires advanced knowledge of Android.

Root means full access to your phone, meaning you have control over everything in your phone (you can even overclock your CPU) but it is dangerous if you're not experienced enough. Manufacturers lock some things so unexperienced users wouldn't brick (ruin) their phones.
    Its nice to hear that they can get customized, I have experiences in overclocking pc and you are right it takes time to learn how to do it properly, but I am not in a rush.

Which Android version you believe its performing well?

I had least problems and most pleasure using Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), Android v4.0. Though, you can upgrade your Gio to official v2.3 (Gingerbread). And if that doesn't satisfy you, you can try a custom ROM. It can be optimized to reduce battery usage, speed up your system etc. You had experience, so you know what I'm talking about.

I have just purchased a GIO and trying to get to know it.
    Isn't it possible to upgrade to version 4? are there restrictions on what version should run on each phones/processor ?
    Is it possible to downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by simon1 View Post
    thanks for the advice.
    But I am still searching to find out whether the Android system is a stable one or not, or whether the problems I mentioned is caused of the hardwares in the phones.
    I think android is a good stable OS, but one there is a one bad thing "Some apps run automatically and eat battery life and ram" so this is the only issue that i face on my android phone.

Isn't it possible to upgrade to version 4? are there restrictions on what version should run on each phones/processor ?
    Oh! Why do you get it, i think Xperia phones has more ram and processor comparing it with Samsung GIO. Never-mid its your choice.

Depends if the manufacturer decides to give it an upgrade (and if the device can handle it). Officially, Gio doesn't have the ICS update. In such cases you can get a custom ROM (e.g. from Cyanogen Mod). But I don't think Gio can load ICS. Or if someone actually made it for Gio. Gingerbread isn't bad. Originally you have Frozen Yoghurt (FroYo), Android v2.2. Which isn't bad either, though you should upgrade to Gingerbread. And if the performance isn't good enough (Gio isn't the newest device now), you could try a custom ROM. Find one that suits your needs and install it. And yes, you can downgrade and choose which official/non-official ROM you want at anytime. Just be sure to know what you're doing. Just follow the instructions and you'll be perfectly fine.

At first, I recommend to stay with official FroYo or Gingerbread and see if it's good enough for you, and only if you don't seem to be pleased, go for the non-official ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDroid View Post
    I think android is a good stable OS, but one there is a one bad thing "Some apps run automatically and eat battery life and ram" so this is the only issue that i face on my android phone.
    That's why we recommend to take a slightly stronger phone, so this would not be a problem. However, if you can't afford one, you can use a custom ROM, root your phone and all the apps will be under your command. Anyhow, if you know how to use a phone, this will never be a problem, unless you're a power-hungry geek.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links