Newbie Needs Advice

This is a discussion on Newbie Needs Advice within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Originally Posted by CoolDroid Oh! Why do you get it, i think Xperia phones has more ram and processor comparing it with Samsung GIO. Never-mid ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newbie Needs Advice

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDroid View Post
    Oh! Why do you get it, i think Xperia phones has more ram and processor comparing it with Samsung GIO. Never-mid its your choice.
    If he likes Samsung, let him. But the Gio isn't that bad. Even Galaxy Mini (600MHz) stands out pretty well. He can do pretty much everything with it. Even play most of the second generation Gameloft HD games. Just that it requires some knowledge about it and he seems to be a guy who wants to learn about his phone. I personally, don't like Xperias and I'd also choose Galaxy Mini or Gio in his place. It's not like he will see a big difference between them (comparing the similar priced ones), so he should choose what he likes more as he might be stuck with it for a longer time.

Simon, I think you won't be disappointed with it if you'll know how to use it.

Well I have updated to the latest version Gingerbread and it seems to function well. But one thing I notice is the battery usage seems to be quite high.

I think that may be standard with Gingerbread. When I updated my Ace I noticed that my battery would drain visibly. Just remember to take a charger with you when you go to work or out overnight and you'll be fine. It's a minor annoyance for the improved workability.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android.net

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_pigeon View Post
    I think that may be standard with Gingerbread. When I updated my Ace I noticed that my battery would drain visibly. Just remember to take a charger with you when you go to work or out overnight and you'll be fine. It's a minor annoyance for the improved workability.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android.net
    Did you experience a better battery life under the Froyo?

Does anyone know if its possible to show the amount of battery charge in percent on the main screen? and if so how

I recommend the EVO3d, or any other HTC phones except the hero. I personally like the EVO phones the best, but I believe HTC made the Droid bionic (pretty much a EVO for Verizon)
    If none appeal to you, I also recommend the Samsung galaxy x2, (I don't personally think Samsung is a very good brand though, well they're reliable just not advanced feeling)

-NikkiBlasphemy's EVO3d

Also yes, there is a ton of apps to do so. I use battery indacator

NikkiBlasphemy's EVO3d

Quote Originally Posted by simon1 View Post
    Well I have updated to the latest version Gingerbread and it seems to function well. But one thing I notice is the battery usage seems to be quite high.
    That's the first thing we notice when we first get a smartphone. Unlike the mobile phones, we should not expect it to last a week. Normally, it should last about two days. With heavier usage, it should last 6-8 hours. (also depends on the phone)

Try not to use 3G when not needed, 'cause it drains battery a lot. Decrease the brightness of the screen if you're indoor. The screen lighting is one of the main battery-eaters. This will not just save more of the battery but also your eyes. When you don't use your phone, lock the screen. Use the task manager (the stock one) to turn off unused apps. Turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS etc. when you don't use it. When you're charging, don't unplug it until it's fully done. And it's better if you start charging at less than 15% left of it.

If you need it to last as long as possible for one important event, manually turn off all the processes and services from the settings. It helps a lot to me.

These tips might help you to increase the battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1 View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to show the amount of battery charge in percent on the main screen? and if so how
    As Nikki said, there are many apps for this in the Market. You should examine Market yourself. You can find pretty much everything you need in there, as long as you want to stay legal.

I use Battery Booster. It shows the percentage and the temperature of the battery on the notification bar and it's pretty easy to control the battery usage with it. There might be better choices, but it works good enough for me and I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiBlasphemy View Post
    I recommend the EVO3d, or any other HTC phones except the hero. I personally like the EVO phones the best, but I believe HTC made the Droid bionic (pretty much a EVO for Verizon)
    If none appeal to you, I also recommend the Samsung galaxy x2, (I don't personally think Samsung is a very good brand though, well they're reliable just not advanced feeling)

-NikkiBlasphemy's EVO3d
    Ofcourse these are user opinions, but I would disagree with you. Samsung is one of the most successful manufacturers and in my opinion, it is a quite good brand. It's even Google's favorite. :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links