Newbie Needs Advice

This is a discussion on Newbie Needs Advice within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Thanks for the tips, I have done some of it but need your guidance on these issues: how can I disable 3G? Do I have ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newbie Needs Advice

Thanks for the tips, I have done some of it but need your guidance on these issues:
    how can I disable 3G?
    Do I have to turn GPS when I need it,and I guess its free of charge?
    How can I make sure that when I am outside I won't use any mobile data from provider?

To turn on/off 3G, hold the power button. A window will prompt up. Tap "Data netwok mode" to turn it on/off.

As for the GPS, some applications can control it automatically. But it's easy to turn on/off. Just open the task bar and click the GPS icon. Only takes a second. And yes, it's free. It's a feauture that comes with your phone, not carrier.

When you turn the data network mode off, you won't have to worry about tge mobile data usage.

Once again thanks for your help.
    I have now made that change to turn off 3G, a window prompted but I can't see a message nor a symbol indicating that it is turned off.
    Is it possible to turn on/off 3G from settings?

The "\" shows whether it's on or off. Also it's says in text "Data network mode is deactivated".

Yes, you can turn it off in Settings. Go to "Wireless and Network", then "Mobile Networks" and somewhere in there you can find the option to do it. I don't remember what is in "Mobile Networks", because I don't use a SIM card for several months now (don't really need it), so I am not allowed to go in these settings. :D
    simon1 likes this.

I also want to suggest you to download 'Android.net' application to your Gio. It is very convenient to use and to navigate all the threads that matter to you.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1 View Post
    Did you experience a better battery life under the Froyo?
    Slightly better. I only had to charge it overnight. Now I have to charge early afternoon too.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android.net

I have now installed two programs Battery Widget and Juicedefender both free versions, to improve the battery performance, and I am not sure if its helping. Do you have experiences from them?
    There are 3 version for Juciedefender a free, ultimate and plus, and I am not sure if it helps to upgrade to any other two.

I know the "battery widget", but didn't hear about the "Juicedefender". The wigdet only puts a widget on your homescreen showing the percentage of your battery. When you're downloading an app, read the description to find out what exactly it does. All the features of the app should be listed there. And read the reviews of other users (and ratings) to find out how well it is serving people.

As I said, I haven't heard of Juicedefender, so I don't know whether it's good or not, but I do not suggest you download any of the 'task killers'. They are a bad way to treat your phone.

How long does your battery usually live with heavy and light usage?

During a heavy usage which for me so far is to understand the device and have look at the market and test some apps are quite high, I started to get a better battery performance after installing the Juicedefender. As for the light it drains slower but all in all I am amazed how thirsty this device is when it comes to battery consumption. I am not sure whether other models are having the same issue.

I see that there are alot og apps and processor running in the background all belonging to Android, so I guess this must be the reason for this battery consumption. I haven't deactivated nor uninstalled any of them as I believe they are necessary.

Can you tell me how many hours it aproximately lasts?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links