Motorola Lapdock...Is It Worth It?

This is a discussion on Motorola Lapdock...Is It Worth It? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Was considering selling my DX2 to help fund a Motorola Lapdock. I was hoping that the Lapdock could take the place of a laptop, but ...

Thread: Motorola Lapdock...Is It Worth It?

Motorola Lapdock...Is It Worth It?

Was considering selling my DX2 to help fund a Motorola Lapdock. I was hoping that the Lapdock could take the place of a laptop, but they don't seem to be that advanced yet. Still, they seem to be a nice accessory to use with your smartphone to basically transform your phone into a tablet with a keyboard and use 4G LTE connectivity on it wherever you go. All in all, seems like a cool accessory to have with your smartphone, especially for someone like me who has been grandfathered into an unlimited data plan. My biggest concern at this point is the lapdocks often seem limited to one or a select few smartphones. I don't really want to sell my DX2 if I don't have to because it's currently my backup phone, but if the Lapdock is worth the money, I will consider it. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Basicly, the lapdock is just a glorified bigscreen for the bionic. It has a full firefox browser, but it is limited to the use and functins of the phone. It works nice for internet browsing. It is not compatable with most windows programing. If you download any thing it gets stored to the phone taking up memory from the phone. It's good points are, ease of use and, keyboard for data entry to the phone.

So pretty much your just mirroring the bionic onto a larger screen and enabling the use of a keyboard, not really doing a whole lot extra it doesn't sound like. For instance, you can't use Microsoft office programs on it and then view your documents on the go through quick office or something like that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links