Hard Resetting

This is a discussion on Hard Resetting within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all, I wanted to ask you guys about some issues as I can't find an answer to them before I hard reset my phone. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By probbiethe1

Thread: Hard Resetting

Hard Resetting

Hi all,

I wanted to ask you guys about some issues as I can't find an answer to them before I hard reset my phone.
    1. Will the phone be still be rooted after a hard reset?
    2. Will the apps/games I have installed be accessible from Android Market after a hard reset? As I am also going to format the SD card.
    3. Do I have to upgrade the firmware to Gingerbread?

thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I consider a hard reset just pulling the battery and putting it back because that will force shutdown the device just like holding down the power button on a pc. But id you are talking about factory reset then that is different. 1. your device should still be rooted after a factory reset. 2,Your apps will be uninstalled and only the ones you have paid for will show up in the market unless you have your apps synced with Google then they shuld automatically download the next time you log into the market. 3.You do not have to upgrade the Rom/firmware

If you are worried about losing your apps just using something like titanium backup to back them up and then you can restore them latter with the same app

Thanks for the reply and clearing out the difference between these two terms. I actually want to do a factory resetting.

I have tried this app you mention Titanium backup, but I can't find out where the backups are taken. Will the apps be able to be replaced once Titanium is reinstalled after the factory resetting?
    I have looked on the market and it seems all the apps I have both free and paid are stored in my library, I guess I can reinstall them once these apps are removed by a factory reset.

Do I have to update to Gingerbread after the factory setting?

Titanium backup stores the backups to your sdcard it does require root though but there are other apps that do pretty much the same thing that do not require root.

No you shouldnt have to update to gingerbread

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links