Galaxy S2 Swype Help
I have been merrily using swype on my S2 when earlier in the week some updates to my operating system popped up so I downloaded and installed them - as you do.
However, now my swype wont work !?!?!
I have checked Settings/Language and Input and swype is ticked
I have tried switching off and then back on again but still it doesnt work?!?!
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
05-09-2012 05:03 PM
See if there's a more recent version of Swype, that corresponds to the update you installed.
GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Jedi Academy Rom
To expand on UltraDroid's comment: I was having the exact same problem. Love the phone, absolutely love the update, but it caused a few problems I had to correct. It told me that the "English.Us could not be found" or something of that sort. It doesn't appear that you can download or update Swype from the Market.
Here's what I did:
1) Your email has to be accessible through your phone.
2) Go to Applications>Settings>Security. Check the box labled "Unknown Sources (Allow installation of non-Market apps)". You can uncheck it later.
3) On your phone, enable WI-FI, access the internet, and go to www.beta.swype.com.
4) Register for the Swype beta (they just did an upgrade), and an email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will contain a link to the beta download.
5) On your phone, click the link, and follow all the further instructions. Just do what they say, and it's an easy install. Everything will be up and running.
So far so good on the Swype upgrade, even though it's a beta version. Works better for me than the old Swype with no problems yet.