Need to Find Out Connection Quality/Speed of Different Phone Models

This is a discussion on Need to Find Out Connection Quality/Speed of Different Phone Models within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Have a list of Android phones under consideration. Must use it in a location that receives variable signal strength--sometimes it's on the low side. No ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to Find Out Connection Quality/Speed of Different Phone Models

Need to Find Out Connection Quality/Speed of Different Phone Models

Have a list of Android phones under consideration.

Must use it in a location that receives variable signal strength--sometimes it's on the low side. No wifi available.

Deal-breaker criteria is using an app that requires sending/receiving encrypted info from this location and avoiding time-outs. I canít change the location. I canít control the cell phone towers. I canít control the service from Sprint. All I can do is try to identify the best possible phone.

So--
    Where can I get the info needed to compare these phones for which one is likely to get the best reception?

(If this is not possible, would better like to understand why/why not.)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Motorola almost always has the best radios (best reception), followed by HTC, and Samsung. Those are the big three manufacturers.

Huh. I didn't know that. None of the several Sprint employees seemed to be aware of this (or willing to share the info).

Where does one find this info? How about differences in different models within the same brand?

And is there a way I can confirm - without having to spend lots of money - that the problems are due to that phone's radio/antenna, and aren't caused by the app's android version (as opposed to the iphone version, which works fine)?
    Last edited by yakimono; 05-16-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Is based on user experience and satisfaction rate. More or less a know facts that users share. I would not know where to point you at though...

Edit/ The best I can tell you is to select the phones you like the most and browse their forums to see what kind of complain you get, so less complains is usually better.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Put up a list of phones you're looking to buy, narrow it down to maybe 5 in your price range. From there we can tell you , based on user experience, what's best.

Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    The best I can tell you is to select the phones you like the most and browse their forums to see what kind of complain you get, so less complains is usually better.
    That's really good advice. And that's just what I did. Maybe the searches just weren't finding the info I needed... I got the Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch--except for this one app (which is crucial) it seemed to work pretty well, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Put up a list of phones you're looking to buy, narrow it down to maybe 5 in your price range. From there we can tell you , based on user experience, what's best.
    The full list is about 50 phones long.

But can any of them be used on Sprint's network, or do I have to limit by phones they carry??

The larger the screen, the better (size does matter ;-) . The price is somewhat negotiable, but figuring out whether the problem I experienced is due to the phone's radio/antenna and reception in the location, or the app's Android version, would make a big difference to me. If it could somehow be done.

There's a list of supported phones here:
    http://kbgopayment.intuit.com/intuit...640&height=625

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Well I see Samsung Galaxy Note, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and the Evo4G which are all solid phones and for sprint. The Note is the largest at 5.3" then the Galaxy Nexus at 4.65". I have the Galaxy Nexus and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Well I see Samsung Galaxy Note, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and the Evo4G which are all solid phones and for sprint. The Note is the largest at 5.3" then the Galaxy Nexus at 4.65". I have the Galaxy Nexus and it works well.
    Are they generally thought to have better radio/antenna than the Galaxy Epic Touch? Are they considered to be as good as Motorola phones? Anything else I can do to avoid the disappointment (and expense) of my previous experience?

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Really the best thing to do is to buy from a site that allows you to return/exchange the phone for no restocking fee. Try the phone out and see if it fits your needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links