Pop Up Frustration!!

This is a discussion on Pop Up Frustration!! within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi everyone! I am looking for some advice... for a while on my Galaxy S2 I kept getting pop up like messages on my phone ...

Thread: Pop Up Frustration!!

Android Lurker dimples_in_distress's Avatar

Pop Up Frustration!!

Hi everyone!

I am looking for some advice... for a while on my Galaxy S2 I kept getting pop up like messages on my phone telling me about new apps that were of no interest to me. I had pop ups blocked in my browser settings but they still came through. They're not coming up in my browser but in my phone mine...like when you download something...

I figured it had something to do with an app I had downloaded so gave up trying to get rid of it. HOWEVER....I got my new S3 yesterday and before I had done anything with the settings and such I got one if these pain in the ass notification/pop ups telling me of an app to improve my battery life!!

Does anyone know how to stop these as they are annoying the life out of me!!

Thank you in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android.net

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Download Lookout add Network Detector from the play store. It will tell you exactly from which app is coming from.

-end of line-

Android Lurker dimples_in_distress's Avatar
    Worked perfect...saw the pop up disappear as soon as I removed to GO app! Thank you! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android.net

Glad this worked for you. Welcome to the site.

Is GO becoming a spam problem? I installed GOsms to check an mms problem I was having with Chomp paid version. Promptly got annoying msg in status bar or text. Uninstalled GOsms - no problem until last night.

Wanted to look at GO launcher - also wanted the standard icons for built in apps which I couldn't find. Reading about and checking screen shots and reviews in Google Play when I got this popup about winning a prize. It said "click OK to continue" - No way I'm clicking that thing. I couldn't use the back nor home buttons, both were frozen. So I used the power button and selected reboot. I haven't seen anything like that one. Usually there's an X or "No thanks." Not this thing. I also got a couple of spam texts.

Deleted GO Launcher and everything - themes, icons, what have you from everywhere I could find them. Haven't seen the text spam since. How do you close something like that popup? Any other way besides reboot or turn phone off? I do a lot of reading and checking on apps in Google Play.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Sounds to me like Go should be avoided.

Try all the buttons. If none work then you'll have to either reboot or do a battery pull.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Ads