Galaxy Ace Won't Connect to BT Home Hub WiFi

This is a discussion on Galaxy Ace Won't Connect to BT Home Hub WiFi within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I have a BT homeHub 2.1 I use my laptop via wireless and no problems there. I have a samsung galaxy ace brand new and ...

Thread: Galaxy Ace Won't Connect to BT Home Hub WiFi

Galaxy Ace Won't Connect to BT Home Hub WiFi

I have a BT homeHub 2.1 I use my laptop via wireless and no problems there.

I have a samsung galaxy ace brand new and when i go into 'settings' then 'wireless networks' I turn the wireless on then press on my network it shows a excellent network but with a padlock symbol over it then it says
    'obtaining IP adress' then says 'remembered secured with WEP' then goes back to 'obtaining IP address again' eventually I get 'Diasabled secured with WEP'. I have never ever got onto my home wireless and I can't understand why.

I need a step by step guide on what to do with no abbreviations I'm not very techy

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Hello mekadoll, welcome to the forum!

I'm going to ask you to hold on for awhile, until one of our Rescue Squad guys can come by and give you a hand with your problem.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

wifi channels

Hi there
    I think I know what's causing this as I sometimes have the same issue. I haven't quite worked out a sensible way of stopping it for good, but I think i can fix the issue ad hoc (it may occur again and you'll have to fix it again). I think the problem is you have unconnected devices hogging all the available IP addresses associated with your router.

Basically, the HomeHub only has a dedicated number of wifi and LAN channels - or at any rate it behaves this way. So if you have a lot of devices connecting to it - or that it is holding open an IP address for, it can get "full up". In our house we have an internet radio, three computers, three mobile phones, two kindles a Wii and a tablet - so it's easy to do. Especially if visitors connect occasionally - the router may "dedicate a channel" to a device even when it isn't connected.So, go to your router homepage on the internet. http://bthomehub.home/

• Click "Settings" and enter your password (it should be on the back of the home hub As "Admin Password" and it is likely to be an 8 digit hexadecimal number, unless you've changed it.)
    • Click "advanced Settings" - it will warn you that here be dragons, madness lies this way etc - but it's ok - click "continue to Advanced Settings".
    • Now click "Home Network" this should show you all your wireless and wired connections. There may be a lot of unconnected devices that still have IP Addresses assigned.
    • hit "Refresh"
    • If there are still a lot of *unconnected* devices, delete some of them.
    • If there are unconnected physical connections, delete these first - they're sitting on an IP address you want to make room for.
    • Don't worry about the effects of deleting - it just means that the device will have to reenter the password to reconnect - it's nothing permanent (as long as you know your wifi password!)

Once you've cleared a few out, have another go at connecting your Galaxy. You should be in.

Agricultural, I know, and problably ignorant of a lot of the details of how home hubs work. But this generally works for me.
    ElectricRay

Ads