Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy Nexus ?

This is a discussion on Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy Nexus ? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi everyone, I had a galaxy s2(I9100G variant) but sadly,it was stolen.I'm getting a new phone some time in august or early days of september.I ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wicked
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy Nexus ?

  1. #1
    Android Lurker Madarox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4

    Question Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy Nexus ?

    Hi everyone,
    I had a galaxy s2(I9100G variant) but sadly,it was stolen.I'm getting a new phone some time in august or early days of september.I have 2 options:the galaxy s3 and the gnex.Well it's a fact that S3 easily wins in terms of hardware but I like the gnex because it will probably get more updates.I don't care that the gnex is stock android because I will use an AOSP ROM on the s3 anyways if I got it.I'm willing to keep my next phone for around 3 years so updates(whether officially or with developer support) are essential for me.Do you think that developers would port stable new android version(s) to the S3 even when samsung stops updating it officially ? The original galaxy S already got a jelly bean port even that samsung stopped updating it at 2.3.6 but I think it's different with the galaxy S because it got the same chipset as the nexus S which helps a lot.


    PS:sorry if this is the wrong section to post in,moderators are free to put it in the right section if it exists

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Administrator wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose CA.
    Posts
    3,345
    Thanked
    260 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    I have a Gnex and love it for the simple fact that it has the best developer support. But the S3 has a way better camera and also have a good developer backing so I would probably lean towards the S3 at this point.
    Madarox likes this.


  4. #3
    Android Lurker Madarox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    I have a Gnex and love it for the simple fact that it has the best developer support. But the S3 has a way better camera and also have a good developer backing so I would probably lean towards the S3 at this point.
    Yeah,that's what I thought too.The S3 got a big developer community and it's growing fast,at the same time it offers better hardware than the nexus.I don't really care about it being a quad core because jelly bean is fast anyways thanks to project butter but it does have some advantages like the camera,sd slot,better speaker,bigger screen etc.Thanks for the advice

  5. #4
    Super Moderator CR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,589
    Thanked
    223 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Both great devices! S3 wins the hardware battle, but Nexus wins the software battle. I would go with the S3 just because it's newer and you know it won't be much longer until JB is pushed OTA. The good thing is, JB roms are already avail for the S3 (even Verizon) This thing is a beast, but you really can't go wrong with either, and since you're going to keep it for 3 years, I'd go with the S3.
    Plus the camera on this thing is amazing. One feature where the Nexus just can't compete. I love mine & couldn't be happier with it.
    Good luck with your decision & let us know what you end up with with. :D

    tap'n

  6. #5
    Android Lurker Madarox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Both great devices! S3 wins the hardware battle, but Nexus wins the software battle. I would go with the S3 just because it's newer and you know it won't be much longer until JB is pushed OTA. The good thing is, JB roms are already avail for the S3 (even Verizon) This thing is a beast, but you really can't go wrong with either, and since you're going to keep it for 3 years, I'd go with the S3.
    Plus the camera on this thing is amazing. One feature where the Nexus just can't compete. I love mine & couldn't be happier with it.
    Good luck with your decision & let us know what you end up with with. :D

    tap'n
    Thanks for the welcome
    Yeah,I heard that the camera on the s3 is even better than iphone 4s' camera(I hate iphones but we have to admit that the camera on it is great).I will let you know what phone I get at the end,will probably be the S3.Tho its price is a pain in the a** but it's nearly the same as S2's price when I got it,shouldn't be a problem :D
    Last edited by Madarox; 07-31-2012 at 07:42 PM.

  7. #6
    Super Moderator CR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,589
    Thanked
    223 times
    I think it was either Best Buy or Amazon that lowered the price to 149.99 for 16gb model. Not too shabby! :D

    tap'n

  8. #7
    Android Lurker Madarox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    I think it was either Best Buy or Amazon that lowered the price to 149.99 for 16gb model. Not too shabby! :D

    tap'n
    I'm getting the unlocked international S3,I don't live in the US.The price is 700$ lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy Note? Which Has Better Gaming Performance?
    By maorbenbabu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 08:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 12:04 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Search tags for this page

faceniff

,
galaxy nexus prime vs galaxy s3
,
galaxy nexus s3 tap
,

galaxy nexus vs galaxy s3

,

galaxy nexus vs s3

,

galaxy s3 developer edition

,
galaxy s3 developers edition
,

galaxy s3 vs galaxy nexus

,
galaxy s3 vs nexus s
,

nexus s vs s3 discussion

,
nexus s3 port
,
nexus vs galaxy s3
,

nexus vs s3

,

s3 vs nexus

,
which version of faceniff do i use with samsung galaxy s3
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum